Disable ActiveX message on browser for IE5/5.5/6

Grimmie

I've disabled downloading of All ActiveX components on all browsers (5 / 5.5
/ 6),
but when I go to a site which uses ActiveX components I get the following
message:
"Your current Security Settings prohibit ActiveX controls on this page. As a
result, the page may not display correctly."
Is there a way that I can disable this alert box as well ?

TIA.

Robert Duffy

http://www.broadbandreports.com/forum/remark,6081089~root=security,1~mode=flat

"Grimmie" <This is fake> wrote in message
| I've disabled downloading of All ActiveX components on all browsers (5 / 5.5
| / 6),
| but when I go to a site which uses ActiveX components I get the following
| message:
| "Your current Security Settings prohibit ActiveX controls on this page. As a
| result, the page may not display correctly."
| Is there a way that I can disable this alert box as well ?
|
| TIA.

Grimmie

Tnx for the link, but that is not very good news for me.

Some repliers said to enable it, but why do they think I've disabled it in
the first place.
Others said to turn off the sound, wow what an advice !?!
If someone knows how to disable the alert box

R.Wieser

Grimmie <This is fake> schreef in berichtnieuws
(e-mail address removed)...

Hello Grimmie,
I've disabled downloading of All ActiveX components on
all browsers (5 / 5.5 / 6), but when I go to a site which
uses ActiveX components I get the following message:
"Your current Security Settings prohibit ActiveX controls
on this page. As a result, the page may not display correctly."
Is there a way that I can disable this alert box as well ?

Not (AFAIK) within Windows. What you can do is install a program like
Proxomitron, that will enable you to filter incoming HTTP-pages. With it
you can (as I have) erase all references to active-X usage, which will solve
your problem.

Oh, be warned : Proxomitron is not a install-and-forget program. Although
it does have a set of pre-defined filters (of which a few are enabled on
install), you need to have a grasp of what "regular expressions" are to
add/alter/update filters in it.

Regards,
Rudy Wieser

ILiya

I just wanted to stress the importance of the issue as i have that damn
msgbox all the time!!!