Directions To Thamesmead

gabriella

Sunflower Queen
Reaction score
Hi

I am sure someone can help with this query. I need to get from London Kings Cross to Thamesmead (later in January) and the person I am going to see has sent some rather strange and vague directions which do not fill me with confidence at all.

I think Thamesmead is out near Greenwich somewhere.

Can anyone help (I am on public transport) with directions and an opinion about whether it's just quicker/easier to jump into a taxi.........

Thanks in advance :)

Gabz xx

Reaction score
Mr Floppybootstomp is the person to ask, i think he lives near that way:thumb:
PM him and ask;)

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Thamesmead is between Woolwich and Abbey Wood in SE London.

The nearest Station to Belmarsh is Plumstead, it's about 15 minutes walk away.

You can reach Plumstead mainline railway station from London Bridge or Charing Cross though trains are more frequent from London Bridge.

If it's anywhere else on Thamesmead you're after it's probably worth getting a cab from Woolwich Arsenal Station (the stop before Plumstead, there's always cabs outside the station and a mini cab office as well) as Thamesmead is a large, sprawling place.

gabriella

Sunflower Queen
Reaction score
Flops

How much do ya reckon a cab would cost from Kings Cross to Thamesmead and what do you think journey time by cab would be? I will have a fair bit of stuff with me and all that chaging trains etc... doesn't float my boat :(

Thanks for your expert knowledge!

BTW The street I am after is: Lakeside Avenue SE28 8RU

Gabz xx

Last edited:

gabriella

Sunflower Queen
Reaction score
Hi Feckit

I've been on streetmaps.co.uk already and I can see that the street is pretty near Belmarsh Prison. However, that means nothing to me.

What I am trying to get a sense of is distance from Kings X, best route (taxi or public transport) plus travel time with either option. I will have some heavy stuff with me and if there's loads of different trains etc.. to catch/underground it might be that a taxi (providing it's not too expensive) is the better option. Plus I am trying to work out what time I might arrive to see the person I am meeting in Thamesmead.

Sorry if it sounds a bit complicated. I am meeting a client and need to have some idea of arrival time.

Failing all else, if it's too tricky, I might even drive down to London.

Thanks for your suggestion though :)

Gabz xx

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
A cab from Kings Cross to Thamesmead will be expensive, especially if you take a London black cab.

Journey time, depending on the traffic, will be anything from 45 to 90 minutes. If the roads were empty it would probably only take about 30 minutes.

I'm sorry I can't be more specific with the price but I don't think you'd have much change from fifty quid, perhaps half that amount if you could get a mini cab.

One compromise would be to get a cab from Kings Cross to London Bridge Station, that's not too far and would save having to take a tube, then a train to Woolwich Arsenal station and a cab from there.

Ask a Question