Direct download link for Adobe Reader 7.0?

Chris

Direct download link for Adobe Reader 7.0?

When I go to the Adobe page, clicking "download" just downloads a small
file - not the program itself.

Is it possible to download the whole thing directly?

And do you have to go 7.0 then 7.1 then 7.2 then 7.3?
Or can you download the up-to-date one straightaway?

bud

Chris said:
Direct download link for Adobe Reader 7.0?

When I go to the Adobe page, clicking "download" just downloads a small
file - not the program itself.

Is it possible to download the whole thing directly?

And do you have to go 7.0 then 7.1 then 7.2 then 7.3?
Or can you download the up-to-date one straightaway?

Or you can go here and get the one you want.
ftp://ftp.adobe.com/pub/adobe/reader/win/7x/7.0/enu/
The english full and standard versions are about the fourth row down. The
updates do have to be done separately.

fred2

Chris said:
Direct download link for Adobe Reader 7.0?

When I go to the Adobe page, clicking "download" just downloads a small
file - not the program itself.

Is it possible to download the whole thing directly?

And do you have to go 7.0 then 7.1 then 7.2 then 7.3?
Or can you download the up-to-date one straightaway?

Did it earlier today!
20 meg for Adobe 7.00
and 11 meg for the updates ( I tried to update individually, but that didn't
work)
Dial - up at 50.2 kb = 1hr 40 mins.
Fred

AAH

Lookup under all products

http://www.adobe.com/products/main.html

Direct download link for Adobe Reader 7.0?

When I go to the Adobe page, clicking "download" just downloads a small
file - not the program itself.

Is it possible to download the whole thing directly?

And do you have to go 7.0 then 7.1 then 7.2 then 7.3?
Or can you download the up-to-date one straightaway?

Franklin

--

(1) This is the download for full Adobe Reader. It is unpatched.
<http://ardownload.adobe.com/pub/adobe/reader/win/7x/7.0/enu/AdbeR

(2) You have to download patches .01 .02 .03 separately from:
<http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/product.jsp?product=10
&platform=Windows>

These patches are not cumulative so you have to first apply .01
then .02 and then .03. Doesn't take long.

old jon

Chris said:
Direct download link for Adobe Reader 7.0?

When I go to the Adobe page, clicking "download" just downloads a small
file - not the program itself.

Is it possible to download the whole thing directly?

And do you have to go 7.0 then 7.1 then 7.2 then 7.3?
Or can you download the up-to-date one straightaway?
Hi Chris. Why don`t you try `Foxit reader`, it`s a lot faster than Acrobat.

Chris

Or you can go here and get the one you want.
ftp://ftp.adobe.com/pub/adobe/reader/win/7x/7.0/enu/
The english full and standard versions are about the fourth row down. The
updates do have to be done separately.

Thanks. I prefer the ftp way of doing things - but there are so many
files listed, without a way of telling what they are! I would be very
grateful if you could tell me the filenames of the main thing (7.0) and
the three updates.
I have downloaded the file AdbeRdr70_distrib_enu.exe, which was
32,021,472 bytes but I don't know which are the updates.

Chris

Hi Chris. Why don`t you try `Foxit reader`, it`s a lot faster than Acrobat.

Well ... I am always open to suggestions.
I'll give it a go on a spare machine.
Is there anything it *doesn't* do compared with Adobe?

Chris

Franklin said:
On Sat 10 Sep 2005 20:02:29, Chris wrote:
(1) This is the download for full Adobe Reader. It is unpatched.
<http://ardownload.adobe.com/pub/adobe/reader/win/7x/7.0/enu/AdbeR
dr70_enu_full.exe>
(2) You have to download patches .01 .02 .03 separately from:
<http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/product.jsp?product=10
&platform=Windows>
These patches are not cumulative so you have to first apply .01
then .02 and then .03. Doesn't take long.

Thanks. Got the lot.

Franklin

On Sun 11 Sep 2005 17:38:07, Chris wrote:
Well ... I am always open to suggestions.
I'll give it a go on a spare machine.
Is there anything it *doesn't* do compared with Adobe?

Today, I found to my surprise, that Foxit could easily read some
PDFs which Adobe could not!

Here are two links to examples of these sorts of document:
http://www.redbridge.gov.uk/files/publications/368.pdf (3 MB)
http://www.redbridge.gov.uk/files/publications/328.pdf (1.5 MB)

BTW I tried Acrobat Reader 7 and also Acrobat Pro 7 (expensive
$$$ware) but neither can show the first few pages of either of the
documents above. You may have better luck than I did.

I'd like to try some of the Software995 apps once again but the
last time I looked they needed a lot of technical know-how to get
them going and when I did the user-interface was unfriendy.

Are there any other good PDF readers?