Digital signatures

I am using Frontpage 2002, I want to use the Banner Manager web component and
phot transition features, but when I publish my browser asks for an activex
control to be installed, done this, but then my browser advises that I can
not see the page because their is no digital signature. Yes I could I spose
go to lower security but I want anyone to be able to easily download my pages
with daufault browser settings and no need to intal activex controls.

Really all I want to do is be able to change photos on a timed or mouse over
basis, thank you for anyone who can help

Mark Fitzpatrick

Can you post a sample URL just so we can make sure there's nothing odd in
the code? I ask this because I dont' remember the banner manager throwing up
the error for me. Basically though, you wouldn't be able to change the
signing on it because the browser is warning that the actual ActiveX control
itself wasn't compiled with a certificate that would provide a digital
signature.

You may want to check out some of the JavaScripts over at
http://www.dynamicdrive.com or javascript.internet.com to see if one of
those fits your needs as they usually have some good ones.

Ronx

The Banner Manager in FrontPage uses Java, and Java will always throw
the Active-X message in IE.
Also, since Java Virtual Machine (required by the Banner Manager) is not
installed in Windows by default many users (perhaps most) will not be
able to see the banners or images.
As Kevin said, look for a JavaScript solution instead, which will be
visible to most (if not all) your visitors.
--
Ron Symonds - Microsoft MVP (FrontPage)

http://www.rxs-enterprises.org/fp

FrontPage Support: http://www.frontpagemvps.com/

"Russell New zealand" <Russell New (e-mail address removed)>

Thank you Mark

I have as you sugested just found a Java solution that I have working

Appreciate your assistance

Russell

Thank you Ron

I have as sugested just found a Java solution that I have working

Appreciate your assistance

Russell

Ronx

Java is NOT the way to go - the Banner Ad Manager is already using Java
and will not be visible for many users.
Look for a JavaScript solution. Java and JavaScript have absolutely
nothing in common except the letters J, A, V, and A.

--
Ron Symonds - Microsoft MVP (FrontPage)

http://www.rxs-enterprises.org/fp

FrontPage Support: http://www.frontpagemvps.com/

"Russell New zealand" <[email protected]>