Dialing Properties

Dean Whitehead

I went to extensive measures to input all the many
exchanges for my area codes for a faxing program that
uses these dialing properties. I also would like to use
this same setup at my home. Is there a specific file
that contains this information that can be copied to
another Windows XP system? I would hate to have to input
all this information again, it took 4 hours.

Carrie Garth

http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/spam/fightspam.mspx >
| wrote in message | I went to extensive measures to input all the many
| exchanges for my area codes for a faxing program that
| uses these dialing properties. I also would like to use
| this same setup at my home. Is there a specific file
| that contains this information that can be copied to
| another Windows XP system? I would hate to have to input
| all this information again, it took 4 hours.

The information is stored in a file named rasphone.pbk

For more information see the following Microsoft Knowledge
Base article:

KB284269 - HOW TO: Save and Restore Dial-up Connections in
Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=284269

NOTE: If you entered the information while logged in as the
built-in Administrator look in the folder described in KB284269.

Else, look for rasphone.pbk in the following folder...

usesrname\Application Data\Microsoft\Network\Connections\Pbk\

....where usesrname is the name of your user account.

Note: If you cannot find your Application Data folder, use
Folder Options to configure Windows Explorer to "Display hidden
files and folders". For more information search the Windows XP
Professional Help and Support Center for the words in
double-quotes and read the Full-text Search Match by that title.

Or else, click Start, click Run, type the following command and
click OK:

%APPDATA%