"Device failure" problem

G

I inserted my GeForce4 MX 4000 128MB DDR video card and installed all the right drivers and disabled my onboard video card. I went to device manager and my computer could see that my video card was a GeForce4 MX 4000, so I knew it could read it fine. Then I had to restart after I installed the drivers. Everything was going fine like a normal restart, it was loading the Wiondows XP Home screen and then after that it's suppost to go to the "welcome" screen but the screen just went blank. Then after about 2 min. of waiting Windows fixed the problem and went into Safe Mode automatically and it said a device has had a "failure". Is there something wrong with the video card? Any help would be appreciated.

G

Have you downloaded sp1 from the update site? Microsoft has told me they have a problem with some G-force cards and sp1. Contact Microsoft and see if their is a fix for this.

Ask a Question