Developing Automated Monthly Report

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I'm hoping someone can offer ideas. I'm trying to develop an Automated Monthly Report, but the text version, not values. I have automated reports for the values I need.

Basically, I want a template that can be regenerated and saved as if you would write it in a database. Kind of like the forum section, where the user hits "New Thread" for a given subject (i.e. Administrative Notes, Action Items, or Briefing). And it can be saved in the template, but the template is blank with every new activation (or launch).I did start reading something about generating e-mails automatically, if I need to, I may resort to that, it might be good.

Any ideas? I've considered word, but I'm not entirely sure the application will work the way I want. I've also considered Publisher.. not sure I'm on the right road. Attempted it in Access and, yeah.. no so much :)

Any suggestions are welcome.. I'll check back throughout the week to see what your imagination might come up with.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Sherry

Reaction score
This is an odd question. Or at least ambiguous.

Questions:
1. Are you literally trying to pull reports from a forum? Or from a Content Mgt System (CMS). If it's a CMS, spomeone has probably written a plugin or app for that.
2. Are you working with a real SQL-type DB situation?

Just tyrin for some clarity so I or others can HELP!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hi Johnegood,

The application I'm using is MS Access 2007. The database is built and auto generates reports of student rosters. What I wanted to do was build the Monthly Report and auto generated rosters in one universal platform, exporting to an application such as Word. I would use .pdf, however, the report is submitted electronically to another supervisor, who must be able to alter information if needed, so without Adobe Writer or some other software expense, Word is the best option.

Now, what I want is the ability to build a form with a Notes field that looks and feels much like these forums do. Where I would click on Add Note, and it would save into a Report. but when I've tried this in the past, the report is continual, not new every month.. which is what I need..

Writing this out may have offered another idea.. Do you think Access 2007 Macros have the ability to auto open a new form with an Open Form Command?

Interesting..

Thank you for your questions.

Have a great day and I look forward to hearing from you.

Sherry

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
smorisch, I'm afraid Johnegood was banned for spamming the forum, so he no here no more.

Reaction score
Well, that's not right.. I mean his actions.. not being booted for it..

Anyway, if anyone else can help, I'd appreciate it.

Thank you.

V/R
Sherry

Ask a Question