Access Access 2007 - Help - Please Read....

Reaction score
Ok DBAs!!!! I need your expertise and experience to assist me with an issue I've grappled with in MS Access for some time (especially in 2007). I'm not even sure what I want to do can be done in Access's current form.. but we'll put it out there anyway.

I've built a DBMS for customer orders.. all the tables are fine, everything works, even the calculations on the reporting page.. (I've also build this type of platform for a student roster / contact reports/ progress reports and so on, it's not until I try to add in Monthly reports that I encounter this same issue).

1. I built calculation fields on the Form itself (and in the report), and they work with a Default Value =0, except for the Subtotal and Grand Total calculation fields. They continue to calculate, even when I hit the New Form button. All of the product quantity objects and the price per unit objects default to 0, but not the Sub Total or Grand Total. THIS IS IN THE FORM.

2. After the information is input on the form, I want to develop a new report for each instance a new form is filled in. When I try to develop a report for each new form, the action is continual in the Report. Instead of a New Report every time a New Form is filled out, I have report after report continually. I could end up with 20 of them if I wasn't careful.

Ok, so there are two issues, that once resolved, will allow me to finish off the database, build switchboards and move forward with my work.

Your assistance is very much appriciated.

Thank you.

Sherry

Ask a Question