Detonator 40s Released

Reaction score
nVidia released today the newest generation of its unified driver architecture (Detonator). They include many new features such as nView 2.0 and up to a 25% performance gain in some applications.

So far, only the XP/2k drivers have been released, and I'm about to install them in a few minutes on my rig. They are WHQL-pending, though, in case that really bothers you. Read the full press release here. I'll report back later if I have any problems with them, and might post a few screenshots.

You can download the new 40.41s for XP/2k here.

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Thank you Eric, I'll see what happens ... :D

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I'm installing them now too, I'll post the improvements to be seen with a GF2!

muckshifter

Reaction score
AAAAAAAAaaaG

... nope ... no good to me, boy that's the first time I've had crap drivers fron nVidia. :confused:

Now I know what a BSOD looks like in XP. :eek: :D

My set-up is an MSI KT3 Utra ARU & a GeForce 4 MX420 ... I'll get the 440 from the workshop Monday and try that one.

:crazy:

wildone

King of Modding
Reaction score
Mucks , make sure you disable everything with your antivirus , that happend to me the first time , my antivirus (Norton) had something running even when I disabled it and it miss installed for me , but after doing an msconfig edit , I installed them fine and have had no problems . I gained 150 points to my very best score in 3d mark 2k1 and at the highest settings available in the unregistered version , I gained nearly 2000 Points ! I am now in second place for a gf 3 ti 200 and the only person beating me at the same settings has nearly1200 mhz on me . I did both test as overclocked as my card would allow ,and my system , but this is where I run it everyday and its what counts . I went from 5300 before to 7247 @ 1280 1024X32 bit and 9024 at 1024 768X32.

wildone

Reaction score
I got a 400 point boost at default settings in 3DMark2001 330, which is excellent for an aging GeForce2 MX (soon to be replaced by a Radeon 9700).

wildone

King of Modding
Reaction score
I would wait for at least a month or so to get that , they are haveing issues with alot of games on that card , hopefully they will fix the drivers very soon , if they do , they will have my vote .

wildone

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I've got the 40.41s working - I gain a reasonable set of improvements on my GF2 (image quality doesn't seem as good though!).

Time to give 3DMark a go :)

muckshifter

Reaction score
Nope!

Well I hate to disappoint you guys but they are NOT working for me, despite being aimed at the GeForce 4 ... as I said I'll get the 440 from the workshop and try again.

However, there is an issue with the MSI MB with some video cards, as usual if you have a combination that works ... then stick to it. The GF2 MX 400 is such a card in my experience. :D

And yes Mike I did turn off my AV. ;)

muckshifter

Reaction score
UPDATE

Thanks for the "hints" Eric .... but I'm well up on that. :brow:

Ok ... popped the 440 in and ... no go ... same problem, only this time XP popped up with an error report ... so I sent all 5 of 'em to MS. :D

Rolled back the drivers to 30.82's and all are fine again ... will give them another go when they are "Final". ;)

Ask a Question