Desperate: Need FN key drivers for Sony Vaio FZ140E running XP

Reaction score
I need to use use my laptop with a beamer/projector and turns out that the function key (F7) does not work since I am running XP. I need a solution desperately and can some please help me get just the right drivers/software/whatever is needed to that I can use the function keys (especially the one for F7 i.e. for external monitor/beamer/projector).

Many many billion thanks in advance.

Reaction score
morland said:
I need to use use my laptop with a beamer/projector and turns out that the function key (F7) does not work since I am running XP. I need a solution desperately and can some please help me get just the right drivers/software/whatever is needed to that I can use the function keys (especially the one for F7 i.e. for external monitor/beamer/projector).

Many many billion thanks in advance.

Hi and welcome to the forum :wave:

Did you install XP over Vista...? If so you are screwed and there are no drivers that can help you...As far as my searching goes the machine was built as a Vista machine....

Reaction score
Ahhhhh :( Yup looks like I am screwed because I did install XP over Vista (which is what the laptop originally came with). I hate vista :(

Reaction score
morland said:
Ahhhhh :( Yup looks like I am screwed because I did install XP over Vista (which is what the laptop originally came with). I hate vista :(

I'll search a bit more though..I am sure that somebody has written drivers for XP...Just a matter of finding them...

Reaction score
Thanks for giving me a ray of hope. Bless you. I hope you are successful in finding it.

Reaction score
morland said:
Thanks for giving me a ray of hope. Bless you. I hope you are successful in finding it.

There is always the option of going back to Vista, or trying Windows 7 RC or even better trying one of the many Linux distro's

Reaction score
Does that mean that you have given up the search and were unable to find anything :( I was really hoping that that you might find something :(

Regarding your suggestions: Vista - Never. I simply don't like it. Have no clue about Windows 7 RC and what it is and since how long has it been out??? Linux: Have only heard of it but for some reason the old text based UNIX O/S comes to mind and i assume that very few software are available for LINUX and especially when I have been using nothing but Windows since I recall....

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
morland said:
Does that mean that you have given up the search and were unable to find anything :( I was really hoping that that you might find something :(

Regarding your suggestions: Vista - Never. I simply don't like it. Have no clue about Windows 7 RC and what it is and since how long has it been out??? Linux: Have only heard of it but for some reason the old text based UNIX O/S comes to mind and i assume that very few software are available for LINUX and especially when I have been using nothing but Windows since I recall....

Modern Linux's are every bit as good if not better in some ways than Windows. Have a look at some of the walkthroughs in the Linux section.

;)

Ask a Question