Desktop Themes Program Link

nocando

A couple of months ago, someone posted 2 links regarding desktop themes,
etc. in the same post.

One was to http://wp.deviantart.com/ which is a really great site which I
bookmarked.

The other link was to a freeware program for changing your desktop themes,
etc. but I failed to bookmark that particular link and have forgotten the
name of the program.

Anyone know what program I am referring to?

Many thanks in advance for any help

nocando

Andreas Kaestner

Steven Burn

nocando said:
A couple of months ago, someone posted 2 links regarding desktop themes,
etc. in the same post.

One was to http://wp.deviantart.com/ which is a really great site which I
bookmarked.

The other link was to a freeware program for changing your desktop themes,
etc. but I failed to bookmark that particular link and have forgotten the
name of the program.

Anyone know what program I am referring to?

Many thanks in advance for any help

nocando

It wasn't Desktop Architect by any chance........?

--
Regards

Steven Burn
Ur I.T. Mate Group
www.it-mate.co.uk

Keeping it FREE!

Disclaimer:

Wayne D

A couple of months ago, someone posted 2 links regarding desktop themes,
etc. in the same post.

One was to http://wp.deviantart.com/ which is a really great site which I
bookmarked.

The other link was to a freeware program for changing your desktop themes,
etc. but I failed to bookmark that particular link and have forgotten the
name of the program.

Anyone know what program I am referring to?

Many thanks in advance for any help

nocando
Try this copy from google.

All messages from thread
Message 1 in thread
From: Death Eater Dan ([email protected])
Subject: Free Windows XP skins/apperances themes etc???

View this article only
Newsgroups: alt.comp.freeware
Date: 2004-02-11 00:30:47 PST

Anyone know any good ones that are totally free? I feel the need for a
fresh new look.
Message 2 in thread
From: dkg_ctc ([email protected])
Subject: Re: Free Windows XP skins/apperances themes etc???

View this article only
Newsgroups: alt.comp.freeware
Date: 2004-02-11 10:04:18 PST

Anyone know any good ones that are totally free? I feel the need
for a fresh new look.

You will need to patch your UXTheme.dll. You can do this by going to

http://www.belchfire.net/article205.html

and downloading one of the patchers. Then, once you've done that, go

http://browse.deviantart.com/skins/windows/visualstyle/

and download to your heart's content.
Message 3 in thread
From: James A. Smith ([email protected])

View this article only
Newsgroups: alt.comp.freeware
Date: 2004-02-13 08:27:43 PST

Cool link thanks!

--
James A. Smith
http://www.jastek.net

dkg_ctc said:
You will need to patch your UXTheme.dll. You can do this by going to

http://www.belchfire.net/article205.html

and downloading one of the patchers. Then, once you've done that, go

http://browse.deviantart.com/skins/windows/visualstyle/

and download to your heart's content.

Regards

Wayne D

Wayne D

You will need to patch your UXTheme.dll. You can do this by going to

Thank You Wayne, one of these days I'll learn how to do that search thingy.

nocando
Use this URL: Repost from someone in this newsgroup. Watch the wrap.

http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=lang_en&ie=ISO-8859-
1&newwindow=1&c2coff=1&q=alt.comp.freeware&meta=&btnG=Google+Search

Then click the button for "Search only in alt.comp.freeware", enter your
search and your on your way :)

Regards

Wayne D

Bjorn Simonsen

Wayne D wrote in said:
Use this URL: Repost from someone in this newsgroup. Watch the wrap.

http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=lang_en&ie=ISO-8859-
1&newwindow=1&c2coff=1&q=alt.comp.freeware&meta=&btnG=Google+Search

shorter no-wrap version of the same:
Then click the button for "Search only in alt.comp.freeware", enter your
search and your on your way :)

Tip: Copy the text between the lines below and past into
notepad. Save file as <acf.bat> some where on your system path
(like in C:\Windows or C:\WinNT). Then on Start menu, select RUN -
type acf in the RUN dialog and click OK.

----cut below-------
START iexplore "http://google.com/groups?&as_ugroup=alt.comp.freeware"
----cut above------

ps: you may want to change "iexplore" (IE) in the above with your
favorite browser, like Mozilla or Opera. You can also create a
shortcut to the *.bat file an place the shortcut on your desktop,
quick launch or startmenu, so to click instead of having to type "acf"
in the RUN dialog. If you do, you may also want to edit the shortcut
properties (right click shortcut, properties) and there on the
shortcut tab, change RUN "Normal Window" to "Minimized". That way you
will not have to see the dos box flashing your screen when the batch
file is run.

All the best,
Bjorn Simonsen

Bjorn Simonsen

Bjorn Simonsen wrote in said:
ps: you may want to change "iexplore" (IE) in the above with your
favorite browser, like Mozilla or Opera. You can also create a
shortcut to the *.bat file an place the shortcut on your desktop,

Duh, or much simpler, forget the batch file, create a copy of your
current browser shortcut and place on your desktop. Edit the shortcut
properties, there - on the shortcut tab, in the TARGET field, add the
URL after your browser exe. Fx in my case, on one line (wraps here)
and with a space between the exe and url in quotes:

E:\Opera\opera.exe
"http://google.com/groups?&as_ugroup=alt.comp.freeware"

Then rename the shortcut to whatever, say GOOGLE AFC.:)

All the best,
Bjorn Simonsen

Andreas Kaestner

Bjorn Simonsen ([email protected]) schrieb/wrote:
Duh, or much simpler, forget the batch file, create a copy of your
current browser shortcut and place on your desktop. Edit the shortcut
properties, there - on the shortcut tab, in the TARGET field, add the
URL after your browser exe. Fx in my case, on one line (wraps here)
and with a space between the exe and url in quotes:

E:\Opera\opera.exe
"http://google.com/groups?&as_ugroup=alt.comp.freeware"

Then rename the shortcut to whatever, say GOOGLE AFC.:)

Or use a registry shortcut:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchUrl

add the key "ACF" with the following (Standard) value:
http://groups.google.com/groups?q=%s+group:alt.comp.freeware&scoring=d
(scoring=d = sort by date)

HKCU
Software
Microsoft
Internet Explorer
SearchUrl
ACF --> (Standard) http://groups.google.com ...

Then simply enter "acf item1 item2" in the address bar.

Susan Bugher

Use this URL: Repost from someone in this newsgroup. Watch the wrap.

http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=lang_en&ie=ISO-8859-
1&newwindow=1&c2coff=1&q=alt.comp.freeware&meta=&btnG=Google+Search

Then click the button for "Search only in alt.comp.freeware", enter your
search and your on your way :)

For future reference - that link is shown on the first PL2004 page:

http://www.pricelessware.org/2004/about2004PL.htm

scoll down to how to find a program - or go directly:

http://www.pricelessware.org/2004/about2004PL.htm#find

Susan

Bjorn Simonsen

Andreas Kaestner wrote in
Internet Explorer
SearchUrl
ACF --> (Standard) http://groups.google.com ...

Easier when IE is open I guess :). I use similar approach in Opera
(search.ini and also use key in bookmark). But mostly use the batch,
since I have a cmd window open most of the time, or else Total
Commander (with cmd line) in front of me (why I didn't think of
shortcut first, just copied my own preferred bat method :)

All the best,
Bjorn Simonsen