Desktop Displayed Rotated By 90 Degrees

My friend's Win XP Pro SP2 PC has a 1152 x 864 widescreen monitor. He has
done something accidentally so that when the computer boots in to Windows it
is displaying at 864 x 1152, i.e. everything is appearing on the screen
flipped at 90 degrees.

The monitor itself is set up correctly, i.e. 1152 x 864, and displays
everything fine until the computer gets to the desktop when everything is
displayed rotated.

In Display Settings the only options available are the reverse of what they
used to be, e.g. 864 x 1152 instead of 1152 x 864.

I've checked about every setting I know and also searched the Knowledge Base
and Win XP Help and Support for "Rotate Display" but haven't found anything
useful.

Can anyone help?

Juan Perez

Hi:

This has to be that he has selected using a shortcut the option to rotate
the screen 90º. If you go the VGA configuartion icon, posibly in the cintrol
panel, you should be able to change it. If not, let me know the graphics
card manufacturer and model and I try to find the shortcut for you.

JS

Some graphics cards come with utilities or an option to rotate your display.
Most likely to be found in the Display/Advanced option.

Click on Start/Control Panel/Display/Setting Tab, Advanced button or it
could be an
Icon in the control panel specifically for the Video Card you have.

The following may also work: CTRL+ALT+Up arrow on some but not all video
cards.

JS

Juan Perez

Hi:

You are right CTRL+ALT+Up/Down/left arrow/right arrow, works for my Intel
Card.

Thanks

--
Un saludo
Juan Perez

Este mensaje se proporciona "como está" sin garantías de ninguna clase, y no
otorga ningún derecho.

JS

You're Welcome.

JS

Juan Perez said:
Hi:

You are right CTRL+ALT+Up/Down/left arrow/right arrow, works for my Intel
Card.

Thanks

--
Un saludo
Juan Perez

Este mensaje se proporciona "como está" sin garantías de ninguna clase, y
no otorga ningún derecho.

Ken Zhao [MSFT]

Hello All,

Thanks for all of your great information sharing with us.

Thanks & Regards,

Ken Zhao

Microsoft Online Support

Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security <http://www.microsoft.com/security>