Desktop Alert (Outlook 2003)

Chris Miller

What can I do to re-enable the desktop alert window on my desktop that pops
up when I get a new message? You know, the little blue box that fades up w/
the first part of new messages? It worked yesterday, but now it doesn't work
at all.

I do have filters that move my mail around into around 30 folders UNDER my
inbox, but no matter where the mail goes (or if it even stays in the inbox),
it doesn't pop up.

I went into Tools -> Options, then E-mail Options..., then Advanced E-mail
Options, and made sure "Display a New Mail Desktop Alert (default Inbox
only)" is checked, and it is. Still no popup. I've not installed any new
applications since yesterday, in fact I've been gone all day. I've tried
restarting outlook, checking and unchecking that box -- nothing works.

-Chris

Theresa Hadden-Martinez

Hello, Chris!

If you right click the Outlook icon in the systray (lower right corner of
your screen) you can select to have the Desktop Alert displayed.

Hope this helps.
--
Theresa Hadden-Martinez

You wrote on Sat, 15 Nov 2003 08:09:53 -0500:

CM> I do have filters that move my mail around into around 30 folders UNDER
CM> my inbox, but no matter where the mail goes (or if it even stays in the
CM> inbox), it doesn't pop up.

CM> I went into Tools -> Options, then E-mail Options..., then Advanced
CM> E-mail Options, and made sure "Display a New Mail Desktop Alert
CM> (default Inbox only)" is checked, and it is. Still no popup. I've not
CM> installed any new applications since yesterday, in fact I've been gone
CM> all day. I've tried restarting outlook, checking and unchecking that
CM> box -- nothing works.

With best regards, Theresa Hadden-Martinez. E-mail: (e-mail address removed)

Roady

The new mail notification window only pops-up when the message arives in the
Inbox. You can adjust your rule in step one (action) to also notify you when
the message is received in another folder.

--
Roady
www.sparnaaij.net

Question of the month: Color Code Your E-Mail.
www.sparnaaij.net

-----

dave

the icon in the taskbar used to change color in previous
versions of Outlook when new unread email is in the box.
this made it easy to tell there are new messages. Now,
that feature has been robbed from v2003, and all we get is
a lame popup that DISSAPPEARS, and NOTHING remains to
indicate you have new mail.

What gives??? lets get that feature back in there, NOW.