Designing page with photos inserted

G

I have designed pages of mostly text all in one huge cell, with two or three photos inserted to have the text wrap around the photos. But when I try to place a caption under a photo, I have failed to get it to be located properly

I have tried two ways of doing this: 1. Using the space bar and enter key to get the cursor under the photo and type the text as part of the wrap-around; and, 2. Inserting a layer that I adjust in size and locate under the photo, then type my caption into the layer.

In either case, the caption never appears where it should be when I preview. And when I save my changes and do a preview in browsers, the placement is also wrong, and different than in the design-preview

I have also tried changing the picture size within the wrap, but this doesn't help either

Any ideas for how to get the captions located properly under the photos?

C

Crash Gordon

There are probably a score of ways to do this, but what I find easiest is to Split the cell horizontally and put the caption in the new cell below the pic.

| I have designed pages of mostly text all in one huge cell, with two or three photos inserted to have the text wrap around the photos. But when I try to place a caption under a photo, I have failed to get it to be located properly.
|
| I have tried two ways of doing this: 1. Using the space bar and enter key to get the cursor under the photo and type the text as part of the wrap-around; and, 2. Inserting a layer that I adjust in size and locate under the photo, then type my caption into the layer.
|
| In either case, the caption never appears where it should be when I preview. And when I save my changes and do a preview in browsers, the placement is also wrong, and different than in the design-preview.
|
| I have also tried changing the picture size within the wrap, but this doesn't help either.
|
| Any ideas for how to get the captions located properly under the photos?

T

Thomas A. Rowe

See example:

http://www.ycoln-resources.com/mary/mary.htm

--

==============================================
Thomas A. Rowe (Microsoft MVP - FrontPage)
WEBMASTER Resources(tm)

FrontPage Resources, Forums, WebCircle,
MS KB Quick Links, etc.
==============================================

mefischer said:
I have designed pages of mostly text all in one huge cell, with two or
three photos inserted to have the text wrap around the photos. But when I
try to place a caption under a photo, I have failed to get it to be located
properly.
I have tried two ways of doing this: 1. Using the space bar and enter key
to get the cursor under the photo and type the text as part of the
wrap-around; and, 2. Inserting a layer that I adjust in size and locate
under the photo, then type my caption into the layer.
In either case, the caption never appears where it should be when I
preview. And when I save my changes and do a preview in browsers, the
placement is also wrong, and different than in the design-preview.

Ask a Question