Dell Media Experience and Settings Not Staying

G

In a previous post below, I was told to get rid of the Dell Media Experience program. I'm wondering why this would affect my "show windows contents while dragging" setting...which re-sets every time I reboot? Also, instead of using the fix at http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm, line 30....can I manually fix this myself in regedit? And if so, how? I've used regedit before and am slightly familiar with changing keys but I'm not a pro, so detailed info would be helpful. I'd rather do this manually than use the fix at the address above because I want to know exactly what changes to the registry I'm making. Thanks again in advance!

K

Keith Miller

You can download the reg file from Kelly's site & then right-click it and choose 'edit' to view the
key name & value that is changed without actually applying the fix. You can then open regedit
yourself, locate the key (or create it if need be), and apply the change manually.

Keith

Janice said:
In a previous post below, I was told to get rid of the Dell Media Experience program. I'm
wondering why this would affect my "show windows contents while dragging" setting...which re-sets
every time I reboot? Also, instead of using the fix at
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm, line 30....can I manually fix this myself in regedit?
And if so, how? I've used regedit before and am slightly familiar with changing keys but I'm not a
pro, so detailed info would be helpful. I'd rather do this manually than use the fix at the address
above because I want to know exactly what changes to the registry I'm making. Thanks again in
advance!

G

Thanks Keith! Just curious though, is Kelly's fix "only" for the "show windows contents while dragging" problem, or does it fix other setting problems?

Ask a Question