From: DellCA <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: Dell and port replicator
Date: Wed, 23 May 2007 13:37:21 -0700
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices

Hello

My name is Rick and I am a customer advocate here in the Dell
headquarters in Round Rock Texas. Sounds like you are having an issue
with your docked hardware profile. All that you need to do is setup the
system to work going out to the external monitor while docked (just go
into the display settings and set the system to go out to the external
monitor) and reboot the system. You will want to have the system docked
and probably not under the shelf so that you can make sure you have it
set properly before you reboot. This should save this as the way that
you want the system to act while docked.

You can email me at (e-mail address removed) (Just put “Attn Rick” in
the subject line) if you have any questions or concerns.

Thanks,
Rick
I'm not clear where the settings are that you're referring to. Are they in
Vista (if so, where exactly) or in the BIOS (if so, where). Thanks!