Deleting message from server

Justin Thyme

Several weeks ago I responded to a lengthy message by adding a few lines at
the bottom. The message was never sent and appears to be stuck somewhere in
the system. Every first time I attempt to send or receive a message this is
what I get:

Outlook Express could not post your message. Subject 'Re: Desperately
seeking caption', Account: 'Eternal-September', Server:
'news.eternal-september.org', Protocol: NNTP, Server Response: '441
Duplicate message (MD5)', Port: 119, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 441,
Error Number: 0x800CCCA9

How can I or somebody clear it?

Ken Bland

Bruce Hagen

Justin Thyme said:
Several weeks ago I responded to a lengthy message by adding a few lines
at the bottom. The message was never sent and appears to be stuck
somewhere in the system. Every first time I attempt to send or receive a
message this is what I get:

Outlook Express could not post your message. Subject 'Re: Desperately
seeking caption', Account: 'Eternal-September', Server:
'news.eternal-september.org', Protocol: NNTP, Server Response: '441
Duplicate message (MD5)', Port: 119, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 441,
Error Number: 0x800CCCA9

How can I or somebody clear it?

Ken Bland

Create a new Outbox, and Sent Items folder.

Do the following for the Outbox, and Sent Items after you move any messages
you wish to save to a local folder you create.

Tools | Options | Maintenance | Store Folder will reveal the location of
your Outlook Express files. Write the location down and navigate to it in
Windows Explorer or, copy and paste it into Start | Run.

In WinXP, Win2K & Win2K3, the OE user files (DBX and WAB) are by default
marked as hidden. To view these files in Windows Explorer, you must enable
Show Hidden Files and Folders under Start | Control Panel | Folder Options
Icon | View, or in Windows Explorer | Tools | Folder Options | View.

With OE closed, find the Outbox.dbx and Sent Items.dbx file and delete them.
New files will be created automatically when you open OE.

Outlook Express General newsgroup:

In your newsreader:

On the Web:
http://www.microsoft.com/communitie...px?dg=microsoft.public.outlookexpress.general

Justin Thyme

Comment at the bottom.

Bruce Hagen said:
[...]

It's ungracious and impolite of me not to have acknowledged your advice
earlier, but someone, maybe at Eternal-September, noticed the problem and
deleted the message from the server before I got around to following your
instructions. I believe your instructions were clear but I had to copy them
so as to have them available when I went through the process. As it turned
out, I didn't need them. Not this time.

But thank you, Bruce, very much.

Ken Bland

Bruce Hagen

Justin Thyme said:
Comment at the bottom.

It's ungracious and impolite of me not to have acknowledged your advice
earlier, but someone, maybe at Eternal-September, noticed the problem
and deleted the message from the server before I got around to following
your instructions. I believe your instructions were clear but I had to
copy them so as to have them available when I went through the process.
As it turned out, I didn't need them. Not this time.

But thank you, Bruce, very much.

Ken Bland

You're welcome.