Deleting files

Steven

Hi,

Previously when using windows explorer I could press the "ctrl" key along
with my mouse to highlight selected files to be deleted, I can longer do so.
Also, I was previously able to use my "shift" key to tag a colum of files to
delete, I can no longer do so. My only option at present is to delete one
file at a time, This is tiresome when I would have many to delete. Does
anyone know how to restore the function of tagging many files using the
"shift" or "ctrl" keys?

Steven

mikeyhsd

know it does not help.
but mine works.

but in addition I also use the option to use CHECK BOXES.
found in folder options.

(e-mail address removed)

Hi,

Previously when using windows explorer I could press the "ctrl" key along
with my mouse to highlight selected files to be deleted, I can longer do so.
Also, I was previously able to use my "shift" key to tag a colum of files to
delete, I can no longer do so. My only option at present is to delete one
file at a time, This is tiresome when I would have many to delete. Does
anyone know how to restore the function of tagging many files using the
"shift" or "ctrl" keys?

Steven

Steven

Wow, That was great, It worked. What may have chaged the previous setting?

Keith Miller (MVP) said:
If you're talking about the inability to select more than one item in a
folder, it's a quirk of a flag getting set in folder views, it's normally
only used for open/save dialogs to limit selection to one item. Here's a
script that will fix it:

http://home.mchsi.com/~k.miller79/Scripts/FixSingleSelect.zip

--
Good Luck,

Keith
Microsoft MVP [Windows Shell/User]

Steven said:
Hi,

Previously when using windows explorer I could press the "ctrl" key along
with my mouse to highlight selected files to be deleted, I can longer do
so. Also, I was previously able to use my "shift" key to tag a colum of
files to delete, I can no longer do so. My only option at present is to
delete one file at a time, This is tiresome when I would have many to
delete. Does anyone know how to restore the function of tagging many
files using the "shift" or "ctrl" keys?

Steven

Keith Miller \(MVP\)

To my knowledge, no one has figured out what causes this.

--

Steven said:
Hi,

Previously when using windows explorer I could press the "ctrl" key
along with my mouse to highlight selected files to be deleted, I can
longer do so. Also, I was previously able to use my "shift" key to tag a
colum of files to delete, I can no longer do so. My only option at
present is to delete one file at a time, This is tiresome when I would
have many to delete. Does anyone know how to restore the function of
tagging many files using the "shift" or "ctrl" keys?

Steven

Keith Miller \(MVP\)

Thanks for the info.

--

Brink said:
To my knowledge, no one has figured out what causes this.

--
Good Luck,

Keith
Microsoft MVP [Windows Shell/User]

Hi Keith,

I have seen from other posts that some of them got this problem after
installing "iTunes". It may be something to keep an eye on for a
possible cause.

Hope this helps,
Shawn

--