deleted files

Shenan Stanley

D. said:
is there any way to recover deleted files
from the recycle bin ?

<snipped>
http://groups.google.com/group/micr..._frm/thread/4e72e41306807d43/bb043808259cc800
<snipped>

D. said:
you are ALL totally of the wall .
none of your voodo crap works !
go and F---- yourself .

Shenan said:
I feel bad for you that you made some mistake that caused you to
lose the only copy of whatever files you lost. Doesn't change your
@$$ of an attitude, but - well, it's your bad and your loss. ;-)

Thank you for once again proving that periodic and consistent
backups are a wise decision.

BTW - you are of the type that might purchase "Undelete" and use its
features to prevent future mistakes on your part. It's a good
program for such things...

http://www.diskeeper.com/undelete/undelete.aspx

From: "D." <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: deleted files
Date: Wed, 1 Jul 2009 20:39:31 -0400
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general
Good luck to you!

D. said:
I agree with you and Teneo .
I let my frustrations get the
best of me .
sorry

D. said:
I made my apologies to you and teneo .
in regards to your personal " opinions " ,
why don't you keep them to yourself !

Pot meet Kettle...? *grin*

I can only guess that you make reference to my earlier response [today] (can
be seen in the archive referenced above) - although if you are, you would
think you would respond to that particular response - so I could be
incorrect.

I gave a compilation of the answers here and added to them for people who
may have your problem (deleting and/or losing files) in the future. In
fact - I think I will do that again - as the more that is out there - the
more likely someone attempting to resolve their own issues will find the
answer they seek...

In case anyone ever comes across this thread in the many years to come that
it will be archived for all to find with a web search - there are tools and
services out there that can help you recover files you have deleted.

However - nothing beats *not* losing the files.

I know - it sounds obvious - but do you have a regularly scheduled backup
regime in place?
Do you ever backup your entire system?
Is it because you think it would be too complicated (drag/drop, copy/paste)
or too expensive (I have seen 1TB external drives for under $100) or too
time consuming (it could be a set-it and forget-it thing for many people)?

In other words - don't wait to learn from your mistakes - make backups. If
only everything in life allowed you to backup and return to a given state
from a particular time... Computers allow for this - abuse it.

In any case - some ways mentioned (that do work in most cases, some freeware
and some at a price) in this conversation include:

Recuva
http://www.recuva.com/

Easeus Deleted File Recovery
http://www.easeus-deletedrecovery.com/

Restoration
http://www.easeus-deletedrecovery.com/

Undelete
http://www.diskeeper.com/undelete/undelete.aspx

Further information on the subject:
http://www.aumha.org/a/recover.php
and
http://www.tech-pro.net/how-to-recover-deleted-files.html
and
http://lifehacker.com/393084/how-to-recover-deleted-files-with-free-software

Hopefully this will be helpful to *someone* out there.

Unknown

You sure are an obnoxious sort. I'll bet you have no more than one friend.
Who would want to
be a friend of yours? Yes; you're very impressive.

BillW50

You don't get it, do you db? Because of your terrible advice, I *must*
spend all of my free time cleaning up crap that people like you create.
When I ask my friends and family, why did they create partitions and
then later complain that they no longer have any free space to save
anything, yet there are tons of free space on other partitions? They
tell me they listened to people like you who told them it was a better
idea.

Yet people like you don't have to clean up all of the crap that you
create. If you want to get on my good side, you are going to have to
share in the clean up.

Troll? No people like you are the trolls. Making trouble and taking no
responsibility for the mess that you create. And then you leave us good
people to do all of the work.

In db typed on Wed, 1 Jul 2009 11:09:07 -0500: