deleted calendar items

Casey

when syncing my blackberry, my past year of calendar items was deleted from
my Outlook (on the desktop). How can I get them back?

Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

when syncing my blackberry, my past year of calendar items was deleted from
my Outlook (on the desktop). How can I get them back?

Restore them fro your most recent backup.

To prevent it from happening again, configure your Blackberry's calendar to
keep events forever. IN Outlook, make sure autoarchive is disabled for the
Calendar folder.

MarkAtHome

'Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook said:
;345634']"Casey" (e-mail address removed) wrote in message
-
when syncing my blackberry, my past year of calendar items was deleted
from
my Outlook (on the desktop). How can I get them back?-

Restore them fro your most recent backup.

To prevent it from happening again, configure your Blackberry's
calendar to
keep events forever. IN Outlook, make sure autoarchive is disabled for
the
Calendar folder.
Hi Brian -- I am using a WM phone (Tilt/Kaiser), not a Blackberry and I
have similar issues.

From what I have determined, if I dismiss an event on the phone, it is
deleted from Outlook 2007 next time they synchronize.

I most likely misunderstood my choice of sync direction with WMDC – I
chose PC to Phone, not expecting the phone to do anything to my PC.

This does not work for me. For example, if I have a doctor’s
appointment in a month, I might start reminding myself a week before,
then 3 days, 1 day, etc. If a reminder pops up on the phone, I tend to
dismiss it. If dismissed, the event is deleted from Outlook 2007 the
next time they synchronize, and I will miss my appointment since it was
deleted!

Is there a registry setting that I can change/add/edit in Outlook 2007
and/or Windows Mobile/Phone where I can prevent the phone from writing
anything to the PC?

Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

Hi Brian -- I am using a WM phone (Tilt/Kaiser), not a Blackberry and I
have similar issues.

From what I have determined, if I dismiss an event on the phone, it is
deleted from Outlook 2007 next time they synchronize.

I most likely misunderstood my choice of sync direction with WMDC  I
chose PC to Phone, not expecting the phone to do anything to my PC.

This does not work for me. For example, if I have a doctors
appointment in a month, I might start reminding myself a week before,
then 3 days, 1 day, etc. If a reminder pops up on the phone, I tend to
dismiss it. If dismissed, the event is deleted from Outlook 2007 the
next time they synchronize, and I will miss my appointment since it was
deleted!

Is there a registry setting that I can change/add/edit in Outlook 2007
and/or Windows Mobile/Phone where I can prevent the phone from writing
anything to the PC?

I can't reproduce this with my Windows Mobile device. When I dismiss
something on my device, all that happens is that the reminder gets dismissed
and I won't be reminded again. However, I don't use WMDC, I use ActiveSync,
and my Windows Mobile device runs Windows Mobile 2003, so it's a bit older.
Also, I always allow changes on either the handheld or the PC to affect the
other device.

I know there are sync issues with certain versions of Windows Mobile and the
sync software needed to connect it with Outlook, but I don't know of a
definitive fix. If what you describe were to happen to me, I'd back up the
PDA and Outlook's data file and then make a new partnership.

MarkAtHome

'Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook said:
;345942']I can't reproduce this with my Windows Mobile device. When
dismiss something on my device, all that happens is that the reminde
gets dismissed and I won't be reminded again.

However, I don't use WMDC, I use ActiveSync, and my Windows Mobil
device runs Windows Mobile 2003, so it's a bit older. Also, I alway
allow changes on either the handheld or the PC to affect the othe
device.

I know there are sync issues with certain versions of Windows Mobil
and the
sync software needed to connect it with Outlook, but I don't know of

definitive fix. If what you describe were to happen to me, I'd back u
the
PDA and Outlook's data file and then make a new partnership.
My fix for the moment, is to let the phone/PC sync Contacts and Mobil
Favorites, nothing else. Certainly losing functionality in th
process... :-(

FWIW, I cannot use ActiveSync with Windows 7 64-bit, as I have n
choice but to use WMDC; ActiveSync runs on my HTC/ATT Tilt runnin
WM6.1 (soon 6.5.5).

Thank you for your response - it's appreciated it