Delete a formula but leave the data.

T

trvlnmny

I am using Excel 2003.
I have a spreadsheet with a column of sequential numbers.
They were created by putting the #1 in A1 and then the formula =A1+1 in all the other cells in that column.
I now have a need to remove some of the rows but I want the remaining rows to keep sequence number that was first assigned.
When I delete a row column A of the successive rows get an Aref error.
I think what I need to do is remove the formula after the numbers have been created.
Is this something that can be done?
Thanks for any and all help.

C

Claus Busch

Hi,

Am Mon, 28 Apr 2014 14:36:33 -0700 (PDT) schrieb (e-mail address removed):
I am using Excel 2003.
They were created by putting the #1 in A1 and then the formula =A1+1 in all the other cells in that column.
I now have a need to remove some of the rows but I want the remaining rows to keep sequence number that was first assigned.
I think what I need to do is remove the formula after the numbers have been created.

to avoid the #ref error write in A1:
=ROW()
and copy down.

If you want to delete the formula copy your data => Paste => Paste
special => Values

Regards
Claus B.

T

trvlnmny

I am using Excel 2003.

Is this something that can be done?

Thanks for any and all help.

Claus,
Thank you, that did it.

Ask a Question