Default menu action for folders

MN

Using Windows XP help, I added a "print directory
listing" command to Windows Explorer.

The new command worked successfully; however, now every
time I double click a file folder the default action
is "Search" instead of "Open". The new "print directory
listing" command was added under the control
panel "Folder Options/File Types/File Folder". Once
changes are made to the type "File Folder" they
apparently cannot be undone or deleted.

How to set the default menu action for File Folders back
to "Open" instead of "Search"?

Carrie Garth

| "MN" <[email protected]>
| wrote in message | Using Windows XP help, I added a "print directory
| listing" command to Windows Explorer.
|
| The new command worked successfully; however, now every
| time I double click a file folder the default action
| is "Search" instead of "Open". <SNIP>

This problem can occur after using the Edit File Type dialog box
for the Drive or File Folder registered file types. For the resolution
see the following Microsoft Knowledge Base Article:

KB321186 - Search Companion Starts If You Double-Click a Folder
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?Product=winxp&scid=kb;en-us;321186

THANKS!!! It worked!

.