Decent Unzip/Zip

Susan Bugher

David said:
On 27 Sep 2005 12:51:49 -0700, (e-mail address removed) typed
furiously:
If they are free why did the last version I tried shut down after
thirty days and refuse to operate unless I registered it.

StuffIt Expander is bundled with StuffIt. StuffIt is Trialware. Expander should continue working
indefinately.

Program: StuffIt Expander (was Aladdin's StuffIt Expander)
Author: Allume Systems (was Aladdin Systems)
Ware: (Registerware)
http://nct.digitalriver.com/0135/standard.html

<q>
Expander is FREE. However, you are downloading a TRIAL version of StuffIt which includes Expander.
You have 15 days to use the StuffIt software without being asked to register. To own StuffIt
Standard and qualify for free Technical Support you will need to purchase a registration number.
</q>

Susan
--
Posted to alt.comp.freeware

chad

Rich, here's a roundup of a bunch of good freeware WinZIP alternatives:

http://free-backup.info/free-winzip.html

It really depends on what your needs are. By "decent" do you mean "the
whole kitchen-sink powerful" or "super fast and easy ZIP/UnZIP". For
extreme power and features I would go with "7-ZIP" and for extreme
simplicity and ease, "JustZIPit". (But then I'm a bit biased)

- Chad
http://free-backup.info

Bob Adkins

Yes. You'll find it in Tools>Options>Plugins>7zip>Options. IZArc has
it as well, if I remember correctly. In fact, most of them do.

IZArc handles ISO and IMG archives. That's really handy.