Date in bottom right corner of taskbar

Good Guy

Is there a way for XP to display the date in the bottom right corner ?

Thanks.

It used to be there by default so it looks like you changed something in
your task bar icons.

In windows 7, I can click anywhere in that area and then select
Properties and get something like this picture:

clock-settings
<http://content.screencast.com/users...0f-4a65-bbba-0337cf0500d3/2014-11-12_0414.png>

I don't use XP anymore and I don't have access to it anymore. I have
moved on to Windows 8.1 and use Windows 7 sometimes like today.

Bruce Hagen

Andy said:
Is there a way for XP to display the date in the bottom right corner ?

Thanks.

Yes but, AFAIK...................

The Taskbar at 1 lever hight shows only the time. At two levels of height it
shows the day of the week also. To get the date, you have to raise it to the
third level.

JJ

There's a lovely little freeware program that displays the day, date,
and time in any format you choose. It definitely works in XP. Not sure
if it will work in anything later. You can download it at the website
for PCWorld magazine:

http://www.pcworld.com/product/946967/tclockex.html

I've used it for many years.

Jo-Anne

I used it too. :)
Now I use TClock2.
Both TClockEx and TClock2 are enhanced version of TClock.
TClockEx and TClock2 are similar, but I prefer TClock2.

R.Wieser

Andy,

Rightclick the "start" button -> properties -> taskbar. The
second-from-last setting should be "show the clock". It should be ticked.

Regards,
Rudy Wieser

-- Origional message

Paul

Andy said:
Is there a way for XP to display the date in the bottom right corner ?

Thanks.

Once the time (HH:MM) is showing in the lower right hand corner,
holding the mouse over the field will show the date. It shows
as an undecorated yellow notification box.

Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Getting that box to appear, is like waiting for groundhog day.
If you double click the date and have the Time/Date control
panel pop up, then dismiss it again, then hold your mouse
over the date in the corner, you may get to see that notification
box in action.

It's one of the few things I cannot capture in a screen shot here.
That's how shy it is.

I mention the procedure, just in case you never seen it. Those
yellow colored notifications sometimes display *behind* the Task
Bar, and that bug is not very predictable either. Sometimes you
can go for days and days here, with the date notification box
partially obscured.

OK, by making a movie of the screen, "I caught a shot of BigFoot".
Here is the notification box above the time field.

http://oi58.tinypic.com/dvlouq.jpg

Paul

Paul

Why was it so hard? Just hit print screen and paste the result in any
picture editor.

I've been using timed screen captures for a while now, to allow
me to set up stuff and catch it on the fly. It's been quite a
while since I tried a PrintScreen for anything. I capture
and edit in the same application. In this case, it appears to
cause an update event that makes the notification box go away.

So yes, your technique works. I just don't use it all that much.

Paul

JJ

Yes, indeed it's newer.

I've checked it but unfortunately, it's less featured than TClock2 (have
everything ). What I like about TClock2 is the ability to customize the
taskbar, Start button, and Start Menu. My favorite ones are:

- Make Start Menu button and application buttons on the taskbar flat-style.
- Customize the Start Menu button's text label (or remove it to show only
the logo).
- Remove the sunken-look border around the clock tray.

It may even be considered bloated since it has off-topic features. The other
TClock versions are better for simple clock tray text customization, since
they use less memory.

B00ze/Empire

As it turns out, the very latest is the one from White-Tiger:
http://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=21944.0
https://github.com/White-Tiger/T-Clock/releases

I understand TClock2 has MANY more features, but since I run Win7 there
are many which are now redundant (plus I think Stoic Joker's and White
Tiger's STILL have too many features; all I want is the date along with
the time in the Systray).

But thanks all for letting me know about this nice tool :)

Best Regards,

Andy

Yes but, AFAIK...................

The Taskbar at 1 lever hight shows only the time. At two levels of height it
shows the day of the week also. To get the date, you have to raise it to the
third level.

Thanks. I don't want the taskbar taking up half my screen.

Andy

Andy

Wednesday, November 12, 2014

[...]

I need the date to show all the time. Like you can do with Linux. :)

Andy

Andy

There's a lovely little freeware program that displays the day, date,
and time in any format you choose. It definitely works in XP. Not sure
if it will work in anything later. You can download it at the website
for PCWorld magazine:

http://www.pcworld.com/product/946967/tclockex.html

I've used it for many years.

Jo-Anne

Thanks a lot.

I want it to display the time in "American style".

This displays it in military time.

Do you know how I can change it. ?

MM-dd-yy hf

Andy

Thanks a lot.

I want it to display the time in "American style".

This displays it in military time.

Do you know how I can change it. ?

MM-dd-yy hf

Thanks to everyone for your help.

It is running great with MM-dd-yy h:m tt.

Andy

J. P. Gilliver (John)

Andy said:
+1

Thanks a lot.

I want it to display the time in "American style".

This displays it in military time.

Do you know how I can change it. ?

MM-dd-yy hf

If you're using TClockX, right-click it, pick TClockEx Properties,
Clock, then you can specify the format: the Format Elements lists what
they are. For example, I have
ddd, yyyy MMM d|>H:m:s|zz ZZ

which gives me

Fri, 2014 Nov 14
23:39:11
+0000 GMT Standard Time

(I also have it set to 8 point, which gives me the three lines in two
bars' height of task bar. But you could put it all on one or two lines
if you liked, by leaving out the | characters.)

Buffalo

"Andy" wrote in message
Thanks, it is working well.

Which solution did you use?
My Win7HP computer shows the time right above the date in the lower rt hand
corner of the taskbar. If I hold the mouse pointer over it, it then show the
day and date in long hand. It was that way from the beginning.

Andy

"Andy" wrote in message

Which solution did you use?
My Win7HP computer shows the time right above the date in the lower rt hand
corner of the taskbar. If I hold the mouse pointer over it, it then show the
day and date in long hand. It was that way from the beginning.
Thanks,

I installed TClockEx.

When the program is running, you won't find it in Task Manager.

http://www.tclockex.software.informer.com/