Damaged Active X control

Reaction score
After doing a scan on Ad-Aware and Spybot I found out that I had a damaged Active X control.
I dont know what this means and how I can fix it. I have seen problems relating to Active X Control on your forum but not specifically damaged.
I keep encountering a box which comes up and tells me that a report is required to send back to Microsoft as an error was encountered during exiting. I click yes but never receive any explanation.
I also receive e-mails with the photos missing and instead there is a tiny red crossed box in the top left corner of the empty space where a photo or illustration could be. If I click 'forward' then I can see the image/illustration but of course I cannot then click on the links sometimes provided. I have to remember where the links are, go back to the original and work from there. Is this part of the damaged Active X control or have I several problems running alongside each other? Advice appreciated.

Last edited:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
An ActiveX control is an application that can be embedded within other applications. Does Ad-Aware tell you which ActiveX control is damaged, or does it try to fix it for you?

Reaction score
Thankyou for your reply
I couldn't find the original message but since then I have had a message from Microsoft telling me that there was a problem opening and shutting down which was connected with the XP2 service pack and it was being dealt with, so I suppose this might help. I am sorry that I must appear an ignoramus. Since writing to you my computer has developed yet another fault. This time it is the DVD-rom tray. It will not accept that there is a disc in there and keeps telling me to put one in even though there is a disc in the tray. I have an HP sytem and the DVD drive is a JLMS DVD ROM LTD -166S its on an HP record now Veritas powered programme.
Is this symptomatic of a dvd-rom on its last legs?

Ask a Question