Dabs

Reaction score
You want to know how bad dabs really are read this it is regarding a MOBO That is faulty as checked and confirmed by Maplin

Email sent by me to Dabs Today

The following item on 410993 from Sales Order 5788310/00

Please read this!

Today I received the above item after some 4 weeks and I must say your service STINKS as no one has even opened the box, YOU did NOT send it to the manufacturer to be checked as you said you did.

YOU did NOT check the item yourself? As it arrived back to me in EXACTLY the same condition SEALED by myself when sent to you and UNOPENED by you? So obviously YOU must have some IDIOTS in your employ all you have done is messed me about, left it in your warehouse a few weeks and sent it back to me you must think I was born yesterday, you don’t reply to emails, so I will be very surprised if I receive an answer to this one,

Fancy sending the same item back UNCHECKED-UNOPENED-And you have the audacity to charge me?

If you do not reply with a satisfactory answer to this then you will lose a lot of customers believe me?

It is no wonder your company has such REALLY BAD reports on the web

Reaction score
Woh !!!

Easy tiger !!! Lmao

I can see why you angry !!! I personally havn't had any problems with www.dabs.com seeing as i havn't ordered from them before ... but i see quite a lot of bad reports about them that's why :)

Sorry to hear your problem with them m8

Let us know if they email you back :)

Reaction score
Belloni said:
Woh !!!

Easy tiger !!! Lmao

I can see why you angry !!! I personally havn't had any problems with www.dabs.com seeing as i havn't ordered from them before ... but i see quite a lot of bad reports about them that's why :)

Sorry to hear your problem with them m8

Let us know if they email you back :)
Thank you for your comments I appreciate your understanding of the matter, I praise Ebuyer because I NEVER have any problems with them, Although others do I am sad to say, on the other hand this is the second time it has happened with Dabs and the last!!!!!! If you could talk to them it would be something but you just cannot and that is what makes me ANGRRRRRRRRRY!!!!!!!!!!

Reaction score
itsme said:
I praise Ebuyer because I NEVER have any problems with them

lol, swings and roundabouts. i've people say the same thing but vice versa.

All companies have their moments.

Reaction score
Techy said:
lol, swings and roundabouts. i've people say the same thing but vice versa.

All companies have their moments.
I agree but what they have done is just taking the P**s

Reaction score
Dabs ?????

Received from Dabs 09/05/2005 15.56 PM
Hi
Thank you for your email to dabs.com's customer service team.
Due to the nature of your enquiry, we need to liaise with either another dabs.com department, or another company (i.e. manufacturer or courier) before we're able to reply. This will help ensure we resolve your query first time.
We're getting on with this right now and will get back to you with an update as soon as possible. As we're depending on a reply from someone else, it can take up to 48 hours (excluding weekends) to obtain a response - so thank you in advance for your patience.
You may be interested to note that answers to most enquiries can be found on our website at http://www.dabs.com/uk/help/ where you'll find a list of commonly asked questions with step-by-step resolutions.
Regardsdabs.com customer services team
www.dabs.com

My email to dabs 12/05/2005
Did you mean 48Hrs or 48 Weeks?

Reaction score
I have never had a problem with dabs. retured things before no probs.

Just this week i orderd my GFx card on monday and it was here on tuesday.

Reaction score
Still waiting???????????????????????????? FIVE DAYS AND COUNTING.....

Reaction score
To the head of customer services department.

Dabs RMA 410993

Re: the above

What was happening was this.

Originally when I first had motherboard September 2004

Installed Motherboard CPU Etc: set up OS XP all went fine.

For a few months up until March/April 2005, then what started happening was
this after about 20 minutes running the computer would shut down and would
not reboot until after several attempts, so started a check and discovered
that it was the motherboard, sent it back to you and, in due course you
returned it to me upon receipt of the motherboard I thought to myself funny
it does dot seem to have been checked as the seal I put on was not broken,
ok I thought maybe I was wrong so set the PC up and it was exactly the same
as before shutting down after about 20 minutes, I then took it apart used
the same components but using a PC.Chips motherboard it is fine still
running with no problems.

That is why I contacted you again as the Asrock motherboard is useless, at
the time of my original purchase I purchased 2 the other which is still fine
I don't want a refund I don't want a replacement, I just want you to know
that I am not satisfied with the service I receive from Dabs.

Therefore I shall not be purchasing from your company again, and as for the
motherboard it is in the rubbish tip.

The point I was trying to make was your customer service department leaves
nothing to be desired, you either don't reply to emails or if you do it is
quite a long drawn out process.

You can deal with this in whatever manner you wish, I have in the past
recommended your company to people but now you will lose those customers,
unless! As it is my advice they seek and go on. I don't wish to do this so I
will expect an answer within 48 hrs.

Yours truly,

Their answer
Hi,

Thank you for your recent enquiry about returning products to dabs.com.

Before you arrange your online return, it may be worth your while to contact the manufacturers directly, as they could help solve your issue more quickly.

Manufacturer information can be obtained from http://www.dabs.com/uk/help/returns...funds/returning_goods_for_warranty_repair.htm

now thats what I call Incompetence??????????????

Reaction score
Certainly made me think twice. All my future purchases will be made to companies who have a telephone number which I can speak to a real person on.

In short, companies that don't have a telephone number aren't worth a dime.

Thanks for the heads up.

Robert.

Reaction score
BigBadBobScott said:
Certainly made me think twice. All my future purchases will be made to companies who have a telephone number which I can speak to a real person on.

In short, companies that don't have a telephone number aren't worth a dime.

Thanks for the heads up.

Robert.
Ebuyer Tel 0845 114 5000

Reaction score
Dabs was one I dumped a few years ago after constant problems. Had a DOA scanner from them and they told me to talk to the manufacturer (in the US)! I had to get the distributor to tell them to send me a new one in the end!

I've had numerous problems with them messing my orders up. The worst one was when they charged me for someone elses purchase! :eek:

After they stopped their telephone sales and support and found their email responses were incredibly slow I dumped them for someone who gives a damn about service. It's a shame because they had a very compreshensive product inventory.

Like you I favour Ebuyer and also Savastore (was Watford) these days for most of my online computer bits.

Of course it's when you get a problem that you're going to find out how good they really are. You can't blame the store for the odd faulty product (although I do wonder why I've had so many from some - like Overclockers). Both Ebuyer and Savastore have been very good in sorting out any problems. I was a bit wary of Ebuyer with their cheap prices but have been pleasently surprised :thumb:

Reaction score
Dabs nabs wad

Ordered an internal USB 2.0 hub 9/6. It said 'in stock' but when I checked out the part was listed as 'due in 2 days'. Anyway, Dabs finally sent it on 22/6 (arrived 23/6).

Tried plugging it in to my Compaq P3 and caused system crash/ no picture. Dabs fobbed me off with the card manufacturer ivmm.com. Anyway, the manufacturer checked my PC and it's not PCI 2.2 compatible.

OK so checked the ad specs - no mention of this. Tried to return to Dabs (within 24 hours of receipt). Won't issue a returns number - not their fault and advertised correctly etc, etc.

Ok so its only £11 but my time and money's in pretty short supply.

Reaction score
itsme

u stole my old avatar!!!

lol

oh well im not using that one rite now

glad to know u liked my taste!!!

:)

Reaction score
psd99 said:
itsme

u stole my old avatar!!!

lol