J

Jeff

I just bought a new dell XPS with Vista and I am having problems with my
mouse. For example, in MS Paint when drawing lines the "precision" cursor is
used which looks like cross hairs. Instead of lines starting from the center
of the cross hairs it starts above and to the left (which is coincidentally
where the point of an arrow cursor would be). I have similar issues in adobe
elemens where precision is needed.

Does any one have any suggestions on how to fix this?

Thanks,

S

Stuart Sabatini

Had the same problem on my Dell XPS

Check windows updates, Control panel > Windows update. One of the updates
listed was for my ATI video card. This cured the problem.

Stuart

S

Sam

Look in Control Panel→Appearance and Personalization→Personalization→Mouse
Pointers and see if the theme/scheme is set correctly. Also, update your
mouse drivers. Sorry, so sorry, if this doesn't work.

J

Jeff

THANK YOU!

The update was not available, but I went to amd's website and got the latest
drivers and the problem is gone! You rule!

S

Steve Male

I also encountered problems with cursor inaccuracies but on a new Dell Inspiron 530 with a 256MB ATI Radeon HD 2600 XT graphics card. Following the steer here I checked drivers on my new machine (version 8.402) and that reccomended for upgrade from the Dell upgrade area (version 8.42) and found my "new" driver was somwhat older than the latest one reccomended for upgrade from Dell's own site!!

I then checked the AMD site and this had an even later one (version 8.493). Not sure what to do I contacted Dell support and explained the problem and what I had found. The Dell support guy was superb and after checking confirmed that the latest driver from AMD was compatible with my machine and then I enabled him to directly control my machine and he downloaded and installed the new driver. He even arranged to call back in 1 week to check if all is still ok.

Job done and cursor problems gone, brilliant!

Incidently my Inspiron 530 with Intel quad core Q9450 and 4 Gb of ram is superb and now this problemette has been fixed then I am very pleased and would willingly reccomend Dell again now. Anyone can muck up the; quality of a supplier is how they resolve problems and this for me is a new Dell from my experiences of yesteryear - very impressive.

Ask a Question