Cursor appearance

G

When I am typing into the address bar when I am on the internet, into a dialog box, or into a search engine, the cursor appears as a black box instead of a line. In Word, however, the cursor appears as a line. I have already tried going into the control panel and going under mouse to fix it, but it does not work. How do I get the cursor to go back to a line

Thanks.

C

Carey Frisch [MVP]

Go to Control Panel > Accessibility Options > Display (tab).
Under "Cursor Options", move the "Width" slider all the way
to the left (narrow) and click APPLY.

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP
Windows XP - Shell/User

Be Smart! Protect your PC!
http://www.microsoft.com/security/protect/

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

| When I am typing into the address bar when I am on the internet, into a dialog box, or into a search engine,
the cursor appears as a black box instead of a line. In Word, however, the cursor appears as a line. I have
already tried going into the control panel and going under mouse to fix it, but it does not work. How do I
get the cursor to go back to a line?
|
| Thanks.

G

Thank you SOOOOO much!!!!!!!!!! I was going nuts trying to figure it out. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!!!!!!

C

CS

When I am typing into the address bar when I am on the internet, into a dialog box, or into a search engine, the cursor appears as a black box instead of a line. In Word, however, the cursor appears as a line. I have already tried going into the control panel and going under mouse to fix it, but it does not work. How do I get the cursor to go back to a line?

Thanks.

Try pressing the "Insert" key on your keyboard to see if that doesn't
change the appearance of the cursor. It sounds like you may be in an
overtype mode rather than insert.

Ask a Question