Curious error message.

Frank Martin

I have WinXP pro.

I am trying to copy some files from a DVD on
to my HDD.

But I get an error

"Cannot copy "xxx"
Data error
(cyclic redundancy check)"

Can someone help me?

Frank

Frank Martin

Thanks, I tried this to no avail. Is there
any other way such as automobile cutting
polish, silvo, turps etc. Can it be
professionally done?
Frank

"Colin Barnhorst" <[email protected]>

Onsokumaru

Frank Martin said:
Thanks, I tried this to no avail. Is there any other way such as
automobile cutting polish, silvo, turps etc. Can it be professionally
done?
Frank
<snip>

It depends what's wrong.

Try the disk in another DVD drive. You don't say if the disk is a commercial
pressed or written in another DVD writer.

If the disk is scratched you can try some polish on it. Nothing too abrasive
but you can rub quite firmly.

If the data on the DVD is corrupt, not much you can do about that.

I have seen some shops offering DVD restoration. You can buy devices to do
this.