Ctrl-Enter ie6, how change from national to .com as default?

Don Varnau

Hi,
See this article:
182291- How to Add Domain Types to Autoscan List in Internet Explorer
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=182291

To explain further (I hope) I would export this key (as a backup)
[HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\UrlTemplate] then modify the
String Values to these:

[HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\UrlTemplate]
"1"="www.%s.com"
"2"="www.%s.org"
"3"="www.%s.net"
"4"="www.%s.edu"

Hope this helps,
Don
[MS MVP- IE/OE]

Don Varnau

Jan,
Try this:
Run regedit and go to this key
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar]
Select and export that key, as a backup.

Copy the text between the dotted lines and paste into a new txt document.
Name it QuickComplete.txt. When you copy the text, catch the blank line at
the end.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet
Explorer\Toolbar\QuickComplete]
"QuickComplete"="http://www.%s.com"

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Rename the txt file to QuickComplete.reg. Right-click and merge it into the
registry.

Let us know if that works.

Don
[MS MVP- IE/OE]

Jan said:
Jan,
Are you running Windows XP?

Jan

Tried it as well, no effect. But I haven't tried rebooting when writing
this message.

Don said:
Jan,
Try this:
Run regedit and go to this key
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar]
Select and export that key, as a backup.

Copy the text between the dotted lines and paste into a new txt document.
Name it QuickComplete.txt. When you copy the text, catch the blank line at
the end.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet
Explorer\Toolbar\QuickComplete]
"QuickComplete"="http://www.%s.com"

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Rename the txt file to QuickComplete.reg. Right-click and merge it into the
registry.

Let us know if that works.

Don
[MS MVP- IE/OE]

Jan said:
Jan,
Are you running Windows XP?
"Jan" <janoleolsen[at]gmail.com> wrote in message
I've tried it also, it doesn't make any difference