Crucial.com email security breach

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
I just received this email ...

On April 4, we were informed by Epsilon, a company we use to send emails to our customers, that files containing the names and/or email addresses of some Crucial customers were accessed by unauthorized entry into their computer system.

We have been assured by Epsilon that the only information that may have been obtained was your name and/or email address. No other personally identifiable information that you have supplied to Crucial was at risk because such data is not contained in Epsilon's email system.

For your security, we encourage you to be aware of common email scams that ask for personal or sensitive information. We will not send you emails asking for your credit card number, social security number or other personally identifiable information. If ever asked for this information, you can be confident it is not from Crucial.

For your security, however, we wanted to call this matter to your attention. We ask that you remain alert to any unusual or suspicious emails and remain cautious when opening links or attachments from unknown third parties. Our service provider has reported this incident to the appropriate authorities.

We regret this has taken place and for any inconvenience this may have caused you. We take your privacy very seriously, and we will continue to work diligently to protect your personal information.
:rolleyes:

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
Had the same sort of email from a holiday company we used last year. And have heard of other instances too.

Let's hope that what they say is correct and that things haven't gone any further. :mad:

Reaction score
:bow:Thanks for the warning guy's but if they try to tap into my bank I think the bank will be asking them for money to put into my account.:drool:

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
I see that M&S use the same company :rolleyes::

Marks and Spencer said that customers' financial details were safe.

"We have been informed by Epsilon, a company we use to send e-mails to our customers, that some M&S customer e-mail addresses have been accessed without authorisation," the retailer said in an e-mail sent on Tuesday evening.
BBC News

Ask a Question