critical update downloaded/installed repeatedly

Judi Tousley

WinME, and IE 6 (I think)

In helping a friend with various computer problems, I'm stymied why her
computer repeatedly tells her there are 2 critical updates: "Cumulative
Security Update for IE6 SP1 (KB832894)" and "Cumulative Security Update for
OE6 SP1 (KB837009)." She downloaded & installed both these updates on May 4
and May 11. I downloaded & installed them twice on June 15. When we go back
to the WinUpdate page, there they are AGAIN!

She had the Beagle.J worm (which is now eliminated) and had all sorts of
spyware/adware (which has also been eliminated through CWShredder, AdAware,
SpyBot, & NoAdware). We rebooted and reran both the antivirus & spyware
detection programs...reports say she is clean.

Any ideas why these 2 particular critical updates won't "stick?"

Judi

Carey Frisch [MVP]

Please repost your question in the Windows Update newsgroup:

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

Be Smart! Protect your PC!