Creative Sound Blaster 16 PCI Card Won't Work After XP Upgrade

G

I've just upgraded to XP from '98. My Creative 16 PCI Soundblaster card now doesn't work(won't play or capture). I've removed (clean swept) all of the old Creative drivers and reloaded all of XP's, Creative's, Direct X's and my mother board's latest upgrades, patches and drivers. I've changed card slots and when I did the PC recognized the change on start up. I've even tried a new 16PCI card. Windows Device Manager shows the card installed with no conflicts. When I check the properties for the audio card in Device Manager it says that "the driver is enabled but has not been started". Where it says "use audio features on this device" I have made sure that the audio device toggle is switched "on". In the Windows Control Panel/Sounds & Audio Devices, the Volume tab, shows "no audio device", the audio tab shows "no playback device, no recording device, no MIDI playback device". The screens are grayed out. When I open the volume controls in Windows an error message pops up stating that "there are no active mixer devices available". Is there any way to turn this baby on?

G

Hi

Go to creative.com to search for an XP drivers of your card
I doublt you can find it as the card is too old
Buy a new sound card that is XP compatible, Blaster Live 5.1 or audigy series is a good choice
You can enjoy 5.1 channels crystal clear sound with about $50.- or less

Pete

----- Gary P wrote: ----

I've just upgraded to XP from '98. My Creative 16 PCI Soundblaster card now doesn't work(won't play or capture). I've removed (clean swept) all of the old Creative drivers and reloaded all of XP's, Creative's, Direct X's and my mother board's latest upgrades, patches and drivers. I've changed card slots and when I did the PC recognized the change on start up. I've even tried a new 16PCI card. Windows Device Manager shows the card installed with no conflicts. When I check the properties for the audio card in Device Manager it says that "the driver is enabled but has not been started". Where it says "use audio features on this device" I have made sure that the audio device toggle is switched "on". In the Windows Control Panel/Sounds & Audio Devices, the Volume tab, shows "no audio device", the audio tab shows "no playback device, no recording device, no MIDI playback device". The screens are grayed out. When I open the volume controls in Windows an error message pops up stating that "there are no active mixer devices available". Is there any way to turn this baby on?

Ask a Question