Create single bootable DVD frm 5 Vista setup CD imageS?

Hi fellows. I've 5 CD ISO/images for Windows Vista installation. Even though
I will be able to set-up/install Vista disc-by-disc, is there anyway I'm able
to combine these 5 ISO/images into a single bootable DVD?

Thanks in advance,

Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

Hello,
Not that I am aware of. Every program I am aware of has DVDs available.
DVDs are the common shipping media.
What program did you get those CD images through?
Thanks,
Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

|>From: =?Utf-8?B?cmFsbGlhcnQxMg==?= <[email protected]>
|>Subject: Create single bootable DVD frm 5 Vista setup CD imageS?
|>Date: Sat, 21 Apr 2007 11:34:01 -0700
|>Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup
|>
|>Hi fellows. I've 5 CD ISO/images for Windows Vista installation. Even
though
|>I will be able to set-up/install Vista disc-by-disc, is there anyway I'm
able
|>to combine these 5 ISO/images into a single bootable DVD?
|>
|>Thanks in advance,

Rick Rogers

Hi Darrell,

MSDN offers the 5 CD .iso set for Vista, and no, there is no way to combine
them to a single DVD image.

--
Best of Luck,

Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

JRB Associates

I have seen posted instructions (from Microsoft) for how to combine the CDs
into a single DVD, but it is very tedious and error prone. There are a great
many steps. Essentially it is the process of creating one "install.wim"
file, but everything must be absolutely correct. If at all possible, either
use the CDs, or try to order a DVD.

John Baker

I'm a computing student in an educational institution. As part of the
ridiculous amount of school fees I ay, computing students have & are entitled
to resources like Windows & Office & other platforms/software for testing &
developing purposes. So, no worries, I'm legally allowed(& entitled to) to
use these set up programs, if that's what you are worried about. Just wish to
slipstream them into one bootable DVD.

Rick Rogers

Hi,

Your school's IT department should have access to the DVD .iso if they have
access to the CD .iso's. Ask them for one.

--

&

"Darrell Gorter[MSFT]" said:
Hello,
Not that I am aware of. Every program I am aware of has DVDs available.
DVDs are the common shipping media.
What program did you get those CD images through?
Thanks,
Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

rights

Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

Hello,
Exactly what I was thinking. It should be much easier to get the DVD iso
they it would be to do any time of combining of the cd images into one.
If they have access to the cd images they should have access to the DVD
iso. Much less chance of errors when combining or during installation if
you the DVD iso was used rather than the forcing the CD images together.
Thanks,
Darrell Gorter[MSFT]