Crazy close too planes

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Yep there have been a few people that have had to have eye surgery to remove debris and sand from there eyes after standing in the jet wake over the years, you would think they would learn as plenty of signs all over that state how dangerous it is but you do get idiots..
Yes I have stood behind jet engines before and felt the force of full thrust, but I would never stand on a sandy beach and do it, that is madness and asking for trouble, I know how painful it can be getting a few grains of sand in your eyes on the beach on a windy day let alone this..

Now if I took me brazing goggles with me that would be different :D

Reaction score
That area of the beach should be closed off Health & Safety :eek: cannot see that happening in the UK as to many injury clames going through the courts:lol:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Flops considered three replies:

a) For my next trick I will play hopscotch on the live rail.

b) Bring your engine head along for a freebie sand-blasting clean :)

c) You there young ladies, yes, you girls with the exceedingly flimsy bikinis on, just stand right there for a moment would you...

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
When I first saw the KLM jumbo on this video it brought back sad memories of the Tenerife incident way back in 1977. It was the saddest air-plane disaster report I had read, I was 18 back then. Many of you may know the details but those who are younger may not remember.

Ask a Question