crashed Vista laptop, how to re-install?

G

Gordon J. Rattray

Hi there,

I have a Toshiba Satellite laptop here and it had been dropped on the floor and the hard drive is toast.

I put another hard drive in it and I went and tried to use a Vista Ultimate DVD to install, it failed the keycode that's on the laptop. Then I tried Vista Home Premium, which is the one in the laptop....that also failed the keycode.

When they came out with Vista, I was under the impression that all Vista DVDs were the same and the editions would depend on the keycode.

The person who owns this laptop did not make a recovery DVD.

How to go about installing Vista on this laptop using the laptops key code?

Thanks,

Gordon

P

peter

The recovery partition is on the old HD...and nobody bothered to make a copy.. tsk! tsk! tsk!
You will need to contact Toshiba and see if you can BUY a Recovery CD.
The version of Vista you need to use the same key would be an OEM version..Vista Home Premium OEM
peter

--
If you find a posting or message from me offensive,inappropriate
or disruptive,please ignore it.
If you dont know how to ignore a posting complain
to me and I will be only too happy to demonstrate :)
Hi there,

I have a Toshiba Satellite laptop here and it had been dropped on the floor and the hard drive is toast.

I put another hard drive in it and I went and tried to use a Vista Ultimate DVD to install, it failed the keycode that's on the laptop. Then I tried Vista Home Premium, which is the one in the laptop....that also failed the keycode.

When they came out with Vista, I was under the impression that all Vista DVDs were the same and the editions would depend on the keycode.

The person who owns this laptop did not make a recovery DVD.

How to go about installing Vista on this laptop using the laptops key code?

Thanks,

Gordon

Ask a Question