Crackling sound when using a gravis game pad pro

Reaction score
Ive got a giga-byte GA-7N400-PRO2 M/B with an added game port plugged iinto the M/B
and a terretec DMX 24/96 sound card. When i install my gravis game pad pro, it works fine how ever the sound then goes crackly when playing any games / music etc

Thanks

Reaction score
Yes - i can use my on board ac 97 audio and that wors fine with the joypad - its got to some kind of conflict with the game port and my sound card.......

I have tried updating the joypad and sound card drivers - with no joy

Im using XP SP2

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
At a guess, I'd say that's old technology clashing with new.

The add-on card has a serial port I assume?

It may be wise to consider a new USB gamepad, the Logitech Cordless is good.

I'm also wondering why you're using a Terratec sound card when the onboard Gigabyte AC97 is a perfectly acceptable sound option.

Reaction score
yeah the AC97 is alright - although not if your using music programs such as cubase sx and reason
- the sound card has not got a serial port - its a PCI card with an added front mounted system ( like the creative audigy one)

Yeah looks like ill have to bite the bullit and buy a USB joypad

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Ah, that makes sense. I know the Terratec card you mean, the one with the break-out box, I was actually considering one myself to go with a.... Gigabyte GA-7N400 Pro 2 :D

They any good?

Ask a Question