Counterstrike

Reaction score
Hi,

Just bought half life generations and it came with counterstrike which is supposed to be good. But it doesnt seem to work. I can load it etc, but when i click internet game there is no list of servers!! I take it this IS an internet game? So....whats the beef chief??

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
you have to go to steampowered.com i belive, or something like that...

Reaction score
SO i dont just load up the game and go to internet games? THats what usually happens with these type of games, MOH and Americas Army's etc. What is this steampowered thing?? What does it do? I take it people still play counterstrike online? Any avid players that can advise?!

Reaction score
oh yes its monty (just set it up on laptop last night) downloaded steam -moved over games to steam-updated c.s :pim called Dr-Who on c.s or Newby abit slow due to wifi-- c-ya

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hey Bodhi,

All you realy have to do it navigate to http://www.steampowered.com and select the download option, should be about 600kb or something small like that, it then downloads the file, then just execute it.

Steam will update automatically and then ask you to signup / login if you are a previous member, you just hit register and then follow the prompts, near the end, it will ask you for your halflife cd key, just pop that in and steam will verify it and make sure its not been used on the steam system before.

If the validation is complete, steam will download all the needed files for you, and if you hit Play Games, counterstrike should be there, then its just a double click, and your into CS Online Gaming.

HTH

Chris,

Reaction score
Cheers mate, will give that a go tomorrow and hopefully kick some ass!! Will let you know how i get on.

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
Be careful, there are some good players out there!

Reaction score
actually you just need to hit the update server button. but steam will give you problems sometimes. you may need to load patch 1.3, 1.4, 1.5 and steam will load 1.6.

My suggestion is:

For close to mid range, use the mp-5.

For long range use the m4a1.

I would suggest sticking to those two for untill you learn how to play. beware, use the auto-shotty or big a$$ machine gun and you **** off every one. Also, start each round with armor and and a helm.

You should also have someone send you a buy script, (1-button auto-buy). it'll make it much easier. you can write your ow but its easier to just re-write an exsisting one to fit your play style.

If your running low on ammo with a guy near, DO NOT RELOAD. switch to a pistol or knife (and get used to that cause you'll use it every round. Dont reload till you know its safe or its a must.

This is where the pistol picking comes into play. I suggest the D.eagle or dualies. dessert eagle of course is very strong, while the dualies gives no recoil and fires fast. (using dualies, if you dont aim near the head, dont even try using them, they'e too weak to rely on shooting threw armor.

Arrange your mic key handy, using it to cummincate with team makes killing your enemy much easier.

Dont try to use a sniper rifle yet, you'll just be an easy target.

Also, this is a first person shooter, so turn your bass way up. if you can hear then comming, your that much better off when your actually facing them when they come up behind you.

Hope this helps, and good luck.

Last edited:

Ask a Question