Could not load file hal.dll (error no.7)!

I've encountered this message for several times when i try to format the hard
disk (using the existing and new unit also got problem). I thought that
message comes from the XP installer itself then i try to used other XP cd's
(in my company) to installed that pc but fails due to that error message.
I've try to google it but fail due to different case. I've try to used other
XP cd's and hard disk but none is work. Hdd using is 40GB WD. hope some one
can help me and explain to me why this thing could happen! Thanks..

Pegasus \(MVP\)

Asuran said:
I've encountered this message for several times when i try to format the
hard
disk (using the existing and new unit also got problem). I thought that
message comes from the XP installer itself then i try to used other XP
cd's
(in my company) to installed that pc but fails due to that error message.
I've try to google it but fail due to different case. I've try to used
other
XP cd's and hard disk but none is work. Hdd using is 40GB WD. hope some
one
can help me and explain to me why this thing could happen! Thanks..

You write "when i try to format the hard disk". How exactly are
you formatting your hard disk?

I'm using the winxp cd to format the hard disk (clean format), during booting
it goes to licensing agreement up to there it shown me that message. Could it
be any other hardware problem such as ram, psu or mobo? thanks

Pegasus \(MVP\)

If you booted the machine with your WinXP installation
CD and if the installation process then generated the
message "Could not load file hal.dll" then the likely causes
are
a) Your installation CD is corrupt, or
b) You have a hardware problem.

munna prasad

how solve this problems

stevenchan45 wrote:

Could not load file hal.dll (error no.7)!
06-Nov-07

[...]

Re: Could not load file hal.dll (error no.7)!

:

If you booted the machine with your WinXP installationCD and if the
If you booted the machine with your WinXP installatio
CD and if the installation process then generated th
message "Could not load file hal.dll" then the likely cause
ar
a) Your installation CD is corrupt, o
b) You have a hardware problem

....had this in distant past and bad RAM was the problem :-

regards, Richard

XAML Organizer
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/ac373a5d-e497-4e07-9186-12166e83a024/xaml-organizer.aspx

Stan McChrystal

Get back into your time machine and go back to 2007 when the post
originated.

<munna prasad> wrote in message
: how solve this problems
:
:
:
:
: stevenchan45 wrote:
:
: Could not load file hal.dll (error no.7)!
: 06-Nov-07
:
: I've encountered this message for several times when i try to format the
hard
: disk (using the existing and new unit also got problem). I thought that
: message comes from the XP installer itself then i try to used other XP
cd's
: (in my company) to installed that pc but fails due to that error message.
: I've try to google it but fail due to different case. I've try to used
other
: XP cd's and hard disk but none is work. Hdd using is 40GB WD. hope some
one
: can help me and explain to me why this thing could happen! Thanks..
:
:
: On Tuesday, November 06, 2007 11:51 PM
: stevenchan45 wrote:
:
: Could not load file hal.dll (error no.7)!
: I've encountered this message for several times when i try to format the
hard
: disk (using the existing and new unit also got problem). I thought that
: message comes from the XP installer itself then i try to used other XP
cd's
: (in my company) to installed that pc but fails due to that error message.
: I've try to google it but fail due to different case. I've try to used
other
: XP cd's and hard disk but none is work. Hdd using is 40GB WD. hope some
one
: can help me and explain to me why this thing could happen! Thanks..
:
: On Wednesday, November 07, 2007 7:07 AM
: Pegasus \(MVP\) wrote:
:
: Re: Could not load file hal.dll (error no.7)!
: You write "when i try to format the hard disk". How exactly are
: you formatting your hard disk?
:
: On Wednesday, November 07, 2007 9:22 PM
: stevenchan45 wrote:
:
: I'm using the winxp cd to format the hard disk (clean format), during
booting
: I'm using the winxp cd to format the hard disk (clean format), during
booting
: it goes to licensing agreement up to there it shown me that message. Could
it
: be any other hardware problem such as ram, psu or mobo? thanks
:
: "Pegasus (MVP)" wrote:
:
: On Thursday, November 08, 2007 4:17 AM
: Pegasus \(MVP\) wrote:
:
: If you booted the machine with your WinXP installationCD and if the
: If you booted the machine with your WinXP installation
: CD and if the installation process then generated the
: message "Could not load file hal.dll" then the likely causes
: are
: a) Your installation CD is corrupt, or
: b) You have a hardware problem.
:
:
: :
: On Thursday, November 08, 2007 11:19 AM
: RJK wrote:
:
: ...
: ...had this in distant past and bad RAM was the problem :)
:
: regards, Richard
:
:
: Submitted via EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice
: XAML Organizer
:
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/ac373a5d-e497-4e07-9186-12166e83a024/xaml-organizer.aspx