Corsair or Geil memory ???

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Hi I already have 2GB of this

GeIL 2GB (2x1GB) PC6400C4 800MHz Ultra Low Latency DDR2 Dual Channel Kit (GX22GB6400UDC

and want to add another 2GB to me system , should I get the above or will this be a better bet ,

Corsair 2GB DDR2 XMS2-6400C4 TwinX (2x1GB)

They are on special offer at overclockers and their is only a £10 difference in price . Would the Corsair be that little bit better in the system or would it be best to run $ GB of the same Geil .

Thanks in advance guys and galls .

:confused:
happywave.gif

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Stick to the same as you got, as the timings and more importantly the voltage may well be different. It will make things easier.

:)

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Think the timmings are the same though I belive that they have different voltage specs , think the Crucials can run at higher voltages .
Will take your advice as to keeping to the same type though .
nod.gif

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
floppybootstomp said:
Corsair! Corsair! Corsair!

hmm flopps i'm not sure i understand what you're saying ?!
laughingsmiley.gif

i'd go with corsair but seeing as you have the geil already it'd make sense to keep it all the same

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
Personally i would go with Corsair. But in this case i would go with Geil. Use the $20 and spend it on something else... like shipping :)

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
That Corsair XMS is good stuff, but as others have said stick with what you've already got - that Geil ain't too bad either :thumb:

Rush

Cool Cruncher
Reaction score
Geil..its cheaper and it really is good quality memory ..yes admitted Corsair is better but it depends on how many/much spondulacks you have to spend :thumb:

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Thanks guys . I went for the Geil as it means I'll have a matching set and I'm not really going to do a lot of overclocking . They come with a lifetime guarantee so that reasures me as I hope to be using them till I pop me clogs . :D

Ask a Question