corrupted file associations

rtdos

i can't right click on *.SCR to install, test, or configure screen savers
nor can I right click on *.REG files to edit or import them and i can't
right click on *.BAT files to edit them. (in fact, seems that Open is
missing on nearly ALL of my extensions and the default extensions like the
ones I just mentioned no longer effectively work or have lost their
"default" functions) Is there a fix short of doing a re-install or repair ?

status

ok, still won't work. in fact anything "OPEN" or "EDIT" is missing on
nearly ALL of my file associations.

Doug Knox MS-MVP

See, www.dougknox.com, Win XP Fixes, File Association Fixes. There are a
few of the more common ones listed there.

ok, still won't work. in fact anything "OPEN" or "EDIT" is missing on
nearly ALL of my file associations.

"Anando [MS-MVP]" <[email protected]> wrote in message
Hi,

Probably this might help ...

http://www.dougknox.com/xp/tips/xp_easy_file.htm

--
Anando
Microsoft-MVP for Windows XP

repair
?

rtdos

it seems to happen on nearly any file (including non-standard); I found
this out by accident: when i right click on any file on my desktop the
right click context menu does NOT show all options (such as OPEN or EDIT)
BUT or HOWEVER when I right click on my desktop thru Documents & Settings
with another explorer like program (such as 2x or A43 or even Mini-Explorer)
the right click context menu shows all options and functions. Is there a
fix?