Copying a DVD

John Kelly

Hello Graham,

I agree mr denny is confused. If he was as eager to correctly read my
posting he would have clearly seen what I was talking about. It is of course
obvious that he had read the message and that his agenda was clearly to make
it look as though I was wrong. On its own, you might have forgiven this one
outburst from him, but when you link it with all of the others it is quite
obvious what his actual intent is.

While I think it is very good of you to try and smooth things over, my
position regarding mr denny remains unchanged. It remains that way not just
because of this latest episode (where he is blatantly out of order as well
as confused) It is because of his overall attitude. He simply does not
deserve the title MVP. It may even occur to Microsoft that he should not be
posting messages as a representative of their company at all

His continued display of this "attitude" will be his undoing. I am quite
certain of that.

I have not yet read his other remarks (after yours), I hope for his sake
that there are no more abusive remarks....So far he has called me "a tit",
in this thread he has inferred I am a liar, in other messages he has been
plain ignorant and in general far bellow the standard I expect from an MVP
or from an employee of Microsoft. I will deal with his attitude in the way
that is open to all customers of Microsoft.

I grow tired of these people. I will deal with them though

Thank you for your comments, which if you read my first reply in this
thread you will see that although my terminology is not exactly the same as
yours my intent was exactly the same as yours.

Best Wishes.....John Kelly
www.the-kellys.org
www.the-kellys.co.uk

Alan Parker

John Kelly said:
Can I take it that MS-MVP means you are an employee of Microsoft...I will
contact them on the morrow and ask anyway.....You can take your attitude
somewhere else. If you do not, I can guarantee you will ultimately regret
that you did not.

Jeez! What is the problem?
1: You NEVER quote context, which is a right P.I.T.A. to understand what is
going on.
2: Will was replying to my post, and all he said was "End of Thread".
Or is that somehow offensive to you, in the same way that someone asking
about a NBC show titled "The Apprentice" about Donald Trump caused you to
post a series of emails warning that the show was "of an EXTREME
PORNOGRAPHIC NATURE" (your words) ?
http://groups.google.com/groups?q="John+Kelly"+pornographic+moviemaker

Alan Parker

John Kelly said:
Hello Graham,
I agree mr denny is confused. If he was as eager to correctly read my
posting he would have clearly seen what I was talking about. It is of course
obvious that he had read the message and that his agenda was clearly to make
it look as though I was wrong.

I have an XP install disk right here. It does NOT include Roxio.

You may well have a recovery disk for your machine that includes Roxio.

Neither of you was wrong.
I have not yet read his other remarks (after yours), I hope for his sake
that there are no more abusive remarks....So far he has called me "a tit",
in this thread he has inferred I am a liar,

STOP RIGHT THERE! I have the whole thread on my PC, and nowhere can I find
the word tit.
Do not utter another word until you have posted the article number in which
he calls you a tit.
Either do that, or shut the hell up and stop being so rude to people.
Go on, post it. Otherwise I don't want to hear anything from you except
apologies.
Got it?

John Kelly

Hello mr denny.

You think its EOT do you. I don't, as you will discover once your
messages are included in my letter of complaint about you to your company.
You have stepped a long way passed the acceptable conduct line in this
newsgroup.

Once I have received a satisfactory answer from them, I will then
consider it to be EOT.

John Kelly
www.the-kellys.org
www.the-kellys.co.uk

P.S.
I do not normally like to discuss my previous experiences and qualifications
in public, but I do think mr denny deserves to see who he has upset.

Published in White Papers by Microsoft (I wish I still had a copy of that)
(1990 ish as a result of a Microsoft VP flying to England to see me)
Published in White Papers by Her Majesty's Government Science Research Unit
Holder of several high qualifications in Information Technology and Pure and
Applied Mathematics
Author of several Geo-Demographic and Crime Analysis Systems that are used
all over this country and a growing number of places in the USA and
Australia
Lecturer in several aspects of law
Developer of Computer Analysis system for those aspects of law.
Lecturer in Applied Mathematics
Past consultant to Police Forces in Australia
Retired Systems Developer for The West Midlands Police
Consultant to several Ltd Companies in England

I could go on with yet more like the above. I hope mr denny takes it on
board.

John Kelly

Thank you for your input mr parker. I don't know how or why you want to be
involved. mr denny was complaining about my statements to another MVP.
exactly what your motivation is here is as always something of a puzzle.

John Kelly

For god sakes man...go away, stop trying to climb onto the back of
others to be recognised. mr denny has already made himself look quite
ridiculous...not reading or ignoring my first message to the OP, infering I
am a liar and being unwilling to have me send him the actual disks but
infers he would believe a listing of the directories.

What is wrong with you people?

As far as keeping you informed about which message he called me a "tit"
in...go look your self...what is the matter with you???

Alan Parker

As far as keeping you informed about which message he called me a "tit"
in...go look your self...what is the matter with you???

Which part of my request are you unclear about?

John Kelly

mr parker,

Once again you measure me by your own standards. You seem to think that I
would publish a lie, a lie so easily proven...what kind of person are ypou
to assume that I would do something like that. So, here is the message you
must have been incapable of finding yourself...Now please go away and mind
your own business

John Kelly

This is the defamatory message from mr denny a person authorised and
employed by Miocrosoft to speak on their behalp, and held is such high
regard that they also allow him to call himself a Most Valued Proffesional
and to use that status to indicate to others that he is to be respected....

From: "Will Denny" <[email protected]>
<[email protected]>
<[email protected]>
<[email protected]>
<[email protected]>
<[email protected]>
<[email protected]>
<[email protected]>
<[email protected]>
<[email protected]>
<#[email protected]>
<[email protected]>
Subject: Re: HTML Posting, Microsoft.* newsgroups and USENET (with a hint of
USENET II)
Date: Tue, 18 May 2004 19:33:53 +0100
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.moviemaker

You're an irritating little tit and I'm going to killfile you!!!!

--

Will Denny
MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User

| Hello Mr. Brown,
|
| Today you have shown that I was correct again....thank you indeed Mr.
Brown
| a very useful intervention on your part.
|
| As you have gone to the trouble of posting in here for which I thank you,
| can I ask that you get the bully boys to adhere to the standards you
require
| as well as normal users. This flame war as someone stupidly described it
| occurred after certain people who do not normally post in here were
invited
| in.....you will not need much intelligence (that's not personal) to
realise
| that the large majority of it was engineered...people like the person
called
| will denny was quite abusive...please do a search of this newsgroup and
| determine yourself when the last time will denny MVP last posted in here.
| will leave you to come to your own conclusions as to why he has inflamed
an
| already bad situation AFTER Mr. John Eddy brought the situation to the
close
| that I had hoped for for the last 6 months.......You really do need to
speak
| to the people below you, and as they have abused me in public, I think the
| least I should expect is a public apology...after all you did agree that I
| was right in my assertion.
|
| I will collate all of the abuse and send it to you. I would hope that you
| will acknowledge receipt and take appropriate action against these people,
| the people you gave an award to that is hardly merited by their recent
| actions.
|
| I do not suppose you care, you will notice that not once have I strayed
from
| my main augment...PAPAJOHN was posting messages capable of transmitting a
| virus or a worm. And just because a large number of thrill seekers and
| MVP's join forces does not mean that they are right. I am pleased to see
| though that you backed up my claim, although I do not recall any form,
your
| message to me was a direct request you know....
|
| This newsgroup is visited by a large number of people who are clinging on
by
| the skin of their teeth in an attempt to get help. Your MVP's have not
| washed themselves in any kind of Glory this day.
|
| John Kelly

| > that
| an
| > | MVP
| > | find
| > | just
| > |
| > | I have no desire to engage in this discussion and further distract
from
| > the
| > | purpose of this newsgroup, but since my name has been brought into it
| > feel
| > | I have no choice but to clarify some of what is being ascribed to me.
| > |
| > | Several months ago, John Kelly (along with numerous other users) was
| sent
| > | form e-mail from me. This was done based purely on posting volume in a
| > | newsgroup or groups, without any kind of review process - it's a first
| > step
| > | to verify that a person has a valid e-mail address before we begin
| > actually
| > | evaluating them for a possible MVP nomination. John came to the
mistaken
| > | conclusion that he was being nominated for the award (which was not
the
| > | case), and "declined" as he stated. By that time, though, he was
already
| > out
| > | of consideration for the award based on my review of his posting
| history.
| > |
| > | Regards,
| > |
| > | --
| > | Andrew A. Brown
| > | MVP Lead, Microsoft
| > | Digital Media/eHome/Mobile Devices/Tablet
| > | (e-mail address removed)
| >
| > Thank you Andrew. That will have cleared one invaluable point up.
| >

| > --
| >
| > Will Denny
| > MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User

John Kelly

By now, your remark, which part of my request shows that I am still talking
to the same parrot of previous times. But as you will shortly see, you will
find the message posted by a microsoft rep in this newsgroup where he is
abusive...what I wonder will you want to say then? You have tried to infer I
am a liar by daring me to show the message, I have now done that, So where
is the apology?

I do thank you for your comments though, as before I am simply defending
myself and have not instigated any abusive remarks of any kind to the
microsoft representative mr denny, I have simply tried to help a
poster....you have joined in, again making the situation ridiculous...you
have once again with your very brash remarks aided mr denny in bringing this
newsgroup to the lowest level possible.

John Kelly
www.the-kellys.org
www.the-kel;lys.co.uk

Alan Parker

Once again you measure me by your own standards. You seem to think that I
would publish a lie, a lie so easily proven...what kind of person are ypou
to assume that I would do something like that. So, here is the message you
must have been incapable of finding yourself...Now please go away and mind
your own business

You were refering to this thread, were you not? That was in a different
thread, the one in which Microsoft's spokesman said that you were never
considered for an MVP, neither would you be getting one (scroll on). I
apologise for not realising that you were talking about an unrelated matter
some time ago.
John Kelly
This is the defamatory message from mr denny a person authorised and
employed by Miocrosoft to speak on their behalp, and held is such high

Easy on the keyboard, John.

Um...in what regard is Will Denny "authorised and employed by Miocrosoft"?

You probably need to read this:

Bottom line is...Will's correct in his observation.

John Kelly

Thank you mr parker, I will add your remarks to the list.

Again you make assumptions. I don't believe I refered to any particular
thread when I said he had insulted me, your not very noble attempt at
defending your previous remarks is entirely in line with all of your
previous comments.

If you truly believe that Microsoft are happy with mr denny's remarks then
you are quite foolish.

Thank you for your kind remarks.

John Kelly
www.the-kellys.org
www.the-kellys.co.uk

Michael Thornton

John - you have every right to complain to whomever you choose about
whatever insults or slights you feel you have received...all I want to say
is that you should be aware that Micorosft is not Alan's employer...anyone
who shows some technical knowledge and commitment to a newsgroup *can*
become an MVP and can sign thier posts as MS-MVP...which just basically says
that Microsoft acknowledges thier expertise and effort in that particular
newsgroup.

You may well disagree with that particular title for that paticular
individual, or may take offence at their posts or mannerisms...and you have
the right to do that...I am not taking sides and I don't know the history
between you guys...but I do know that Microsoft would fire any employee from
publicly getting into any flaming war on their newsgroups....so I just
wanted you to know that he most assuredly does not work for MS!