Copy cells based on criteria

Reaction score
Hello,

This is my first post and I wish to greet everybody.
I have one problem in Excel 2010.
I would love to search for column labels that contain word "Delivery".
The cell that I would start searching is on Sheet2 and cell B1.
From this cell I need formula that will look at row 1 Sheet1 and scan all labels and if found any occurence of "Delivery" it would copy that label and place it into cell B1 and then C1 and so on.
Is this possible to be done?
Please let me know. I appreciate your help.
Thanks.

Reaction score
Welcome to the forums! I should be able to help you out with this, but I'm just going to ask for a bit more clarification before I start. When you say "scan all labels" do you mean that you want to look across like A1:L1? And do you need to copy the data from under that label? A little more info on how the data is set up and exactly what you're trying to pull out of it, and I think I can make something work for you.

Reaction score
Yes, I need this data from A1:L1.
These labels will be there once when I consolidate other workbooks.
Row labels will be facilities and I just copy and paste them on Sheet2.
Now, my column labels are huge and count around 50 and sometimes can be more.
I need formula in Sheet2 that will look at Sheet1 column labels A1:L1 and try to find labels that contain "Delivery". If there is nothing, then nothing. Now, I found solution for the data with Index/Match function. I just need some function that will look for these and place it in Sheet2, so I don't have go through the columns and copying and pasting. Is this possible to be done?
I hope it is. Thank you so much for your response.

Reaction score
And my last question (I think) for clarity is do you just want to place this data in the same column in sheet 2 that it comes from sheet 1? If so, try the following in Sheet2!A1 and use the fill handle to copy it to the right:
=if(iserror(find("Delivery",Sheet1!A1)),"",Sheet1!A1)

Note that doing it this way is case sensitive, so make sure to pay attention to whether or not the D is capitalized. There are other options if you need it be non-case sensitive, I just have to remind myself of them if you need them.

Ask a Question