Excel Add ^ to a row of cells containing letters

Reaction score
I have a row of cells containing various letters.

A1:d B1:E C1:R D1:M and E1:is empty. This goes on to AL1:

I want add the symbol ^ to every(or a selection) cell(s) including blanks from A1 to AL1 all at once.

So it shows D^ E^ etc...

Also I would need to remove ^ as well.

Is this possible?

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
If you want to pull the information into another cell and add the ^ symbol then you can do that using the concatenate formula, but if you want to edit the contents of those cells, you will need to use VBA. I'm guessing it's the latter, and unfortunately I'm rubbish at VBA! I really should learn it, there have been a lot of queries recently where it would be helpful.

Reaction score
Hi

Thank you. It is the latter and VBA is not my thing either.

I am looking for a way to countif a range of columns but ignore certain lines. So D would be counted but D^ would be ignored. But because the size of the spread sheet it is impractical to add ^ to every cell manually.

Reaction score
Use the concatenate function to add that character to every cell and drag it down to get all of them. then copy the results and paste values over the original.

Ask a Question