copy and paste

roshak31

I am having issues with copy and paste not working. When I turn first turn my
machine on it will work but after a little while I can right click and see
copy put then when I move to another document to paste and right click paste
is grayed out. What do I need to do so this does not happen.

Panic

It seems opening some programs removes the copied stuff. Try opening the
program you wish to paste to first then go to your source and copy. Now
switch back to your still open program and try pasting. (you switch to the
paste program by clicking on its icon on the task bar)

Jian-Ping Zhu [MSFT]

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

There are many reasons which might cause similar issues. Please try the
following steps to narrow down the issue first.

1. Please check whether this issue occurs just in some specific
applications or in all applications. For example, if you open notepad,
could you copy and paste correctly?

2. Please perform a full disk Virus scan and check whether your computer
has been affected by Virus.

3. Based on my research, if the AppInit_DLLS registry key is affected by
some applications or malware, the Windows clipboard might not work
correctly. Please follow the below steps to Remove AppInit_DLLS and check
whether this helps.

NOTE: As serious problems might occur if you modify the registry
incorrectly, please refer to the following KB article to back up the
registry before you modify it:
How to back up and restore the registry in Windows
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322756/en-us

3.1.1 Click Start > Run¡­
3.1.2 Type "regedit.exe" and press OK.
3.1.3 Get to the following location in the registry:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows
3.1.4 In the pane on the right-hand side of regedit you should see a String
called "AppInit_DLLs"
3.1.5 Take note of any value listed to the right of "AppInit_DLLs" as it
may indicate you have malware installed.

4. Please perform a clean boot and check whether the issue occurs.
To perform a clean boot, please do as follows:

4.1 Click Start->Run...->type msconfig and press Enter
4.2 2. Click Services tab and select Hide All Microsoft Services and
Disable All third party Services.
4.3 3. Click Startup tab and Disable All startup items
4.4 4. Click OK and choose Restart
4.5 5. After reboot, check whether the problem still occurs

Please let me know the result after you finish all the tests.

Thank you for your time and I look forward to hearing from you. :)

Sincerely,
Neo Zhu,
Microsoft Online Support

| From: =?Utf-8?B?cm9zaGFrMzE=?= <[email protected]>
| Subject: copy and paste
| Date: Thu, 1 May 2008 07:31:00 -0700
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general
|
| I am having issues with copy and paste not working. When I turn first
turn my
| machine on it will work but after a little while I can right click and
see
| copy put then when I move to another document to paste and right click
paste
| is grayed out. What do I need to do so this does not happen.
| --
| Mark Roshak

Jian-Ping Zhu [MSFT]

Hello,

How's everything going?

I'm wondering if the suggestion has helped or if you have any further
questions.

Please feel free to respond to the newsgroups if I can assist further.

Sincerely,
Neo Zhu,
Microsoft Online Support

| From: (e-mail address removed) (Jian-Ping Zhu [MSFT])
| Date: Fri, 02 May 2008 08:41:58 GMT
| Subject: RE: copy and paste
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general
|
| Hello,
|
| Thank you for your post.
|
| There are many reasons which might cause similar issues. Please try the
| following steps to narrow down the issue first.
|
| 1. Please check whether this issue occurs just in some specific
| applications or in all applications. For example, if you open notepad,
| could you copy and paste correctly?
|
| 2. Please perform a full disk Virus scan and check whether your computer
| has been affected by Virus.
|
| 3. Based on my research, if the AppInit_DLLS registry key is affected by
| some applications or malware, the Windows clipboard might not work
| correctly. Please follow the below steps to Remove AppInit_DLLS and check
| whether this helps.
|
| NOTE: As serious problems might occur if you modify the registry
| incorrectly, please refer to the following KB article to back up the
| registry before you modify it:
| How to back up and restore the registry in Windows
| http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322756/en-us
|
| 3.1.1 Click Start > Run¡­
| 3.1.2 Type "regedit.exe" and press OK.
| 3.1.3 Get to the following location in the registry:
| HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows
| 3.1.4 In the pane on the right-hand side of regedit you should see a
String
| called "AppInit_DLLs"
| 3.1.5 Take note of any value listed to the right of "AppInit_DLLs" as it
| may indicate you have malware installed.
|
| 4. Please perform a clean boot and check whether the issue occurs.
| To perform a clean boot, please do as follows:
|
| 4.1 Click Start->Run...->type msconfig and press Enter
| 4.2 2. Click Services tab and select Hide All Microsoft Services and
| Disable All third party Services.
| 4.3 3. Click Startup tab and Disable All startup items
| 4.4 4. Click OK and choose Restart
| 4.5 5. After reboot, check whether the problem still occurs
|
| Please let me know the result after you finish all the tests.
|
| Thank you for your time and I look forward to hearing from you. :)
|
| Sincerely,
| Neo Zhu,
| Microsoft Online Support
| Microsoft Global Technical Support Center
|
| Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security
| =====================================================
| When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader so
| that others may learn and benefit from your issue.
| =====================================================
rights.

| --------------------
| | From: =?Utf-8?B?cm9zaGFrMzE=?= <[email protected]>
| | Subject: copy and paste
| | Date: Thu, 1 May 2008 07:31:00 -0700
| | Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general
| |
| | I am having issues with copy and paste not working. When I turn first
| turn my
| | machine on it will work but after a little while I can right click and
| see
| | copy put then when I move to another document to paste and right click
| paste
| | is grayed out. What do I need to do so this does not happen.
| | --
| | Mark Roshak
| |