Windows XP Copy and Paste Photos on Emails

Reaction score
I recently switched from AOL to Gmail / Google. Googles photo software is Picasa.
Prior to switch gmail, I have always been able to copy and paste photos on my emails.
Now it will only allow me to send as attachement.
I did have Google as my main page and browser, but now use Mozilla Fire Fox as my internet browser.
I deleted Picasa b cause I thought it was too confusing and I could not copy and paste.
Have done everything possible to correct, even re-installed my cannon / Zoombrowser Ex. I did a virus scan 2 weeks ago. I did a micro soft search to find help to see what it is, and a trouble shoot help search.
I have the following Dell PC - Windows XP - AVG Free Adware - Counter Spy - Router/Netgear - Broadband -
It just seems ever since I let google in it has messed up copy and paste photo's and uploading has not been easy and sometimes not at all.
ALso, when I click on a business email, such as in Craigs List, OUtlook Express pops up, which I do not have, therefore I can't send / reply to pertinent emails such as submit resumes.
Thank you. DC

Reaction score
I must admit that despite what the other 99% of the planet seems to be doing, I have nothing except Google Earth downloaded -Google is simply too intrusive for me. I too think Picasa is a pain and removed it from my new laptop as soon as I got it home! Anyway, if OE is opening when you click a mailto link then you *must* have it somewhere on your system. Those links just open your email programme, so whatever your PC thinks is the default email programme is opened. Have you done a full search of your system for OE? Sounds like it's in there somewhere. Hopefully someone will be able to advise you on the other issue about cutting & pasting pics into your new email system (I have a problem of the same nature in OE, which is how I came across your post).

Ask a Question