Converting to PDF shows Error! Reference source not found - but there's NO reference!

Reaction score
I think I may have found the most irritating thing ever! I create a large document in Word (2007, but in compatibility mode, not that it makes a difference as I had this error before, using 2003) and I have headers which contain simple text that relates to the chapter. Right, in Word it is displayed fine and all looks OK, but when I convert it to PDF (using all manner of Word -> PDF tools) there is often the error message as mentioned in the title, in the header, which is written over the top of the intended header text. This implies to me that there is some sort of reference in the original document, but there simply isn't! I have tried everything I can think of to sort this, which isn't a lot to be honest seeing as it is such a ridiculous error. Any suggestion as to what on earth is going on would be greatly appreciated!

Ask a Question