Contact Migration Issue

Reaction score
Hello all!

So I have tried to search for an answer with Google, but nothing has come up.

One user has been migrated from Outlook 2003 to 2007. Everything went fine no issues. However, while the contacts made it over from 2003, the way they are displayed is not correct.

In Outlook 2007, the user can see all the contacts (300 of them) when she selects the Outlook Data File view. When she clicks on the Phone List view, none show up (she had phone lists in 2003). She categorized them in Outlook 2003 with a custom color (white) and gave the category a name (there are only two categories she created). We can see the name of this in 2007, however, it does not sort in that regards, rather it splits three of the contacts from the remaining 297.

I have tried different filters, to which it did not help, either the contacts disappeared even in the Outlook Data File view, or the sort was not changed. She does not want to recreate a phone list, no go through each contact and change the category.

Any suggestions of what can be done? I have been thinking of reverting her back to 2003 to see what the contacts look like in that version, but I don't know if this would be wasting the user's and my time.

Thanks for any suggestions. If you need more information, please feel free to ask.

Rhade

Ask a Question