Connection Problem

Dave

For a few months I have had a problem connecting to my home page and
accessing the EMail Server.

I can connect to the ISP very easily but it usually takes several
tries to connect to any website.

When I have called Tech Support about this in the past I have received
the advice to delete my Internet Connection and then create a new one.
I have done this but it doesn't help and makes no sense because I have
no problem connecting to the ISP.

I have had this happen at all different times of the day and night so
I don't believe it's a high traffic problem.

I am using:
Windows ME 4.90.3000
Internet Explorer 6.0.2800.1123

and have not installed new programs or hardware during the time I have
had this problem.

I would like to be able to use my Internet Explorer without taking six
or seven tries before getting to my Home Page.

Any help will be appreciated.

Dave

At least once a week, I go through all of the things listed in the
websites below. I find no evidence of spyware, scumware, virus, or
Trojans.

Someone has suggested I may have a problem with TCP/IP but I don't
know enough about that to fool with it.

I am beginning to believe the problem is with my ISP's server. My wife
uses a totally separate computer with the same ISP and has the same
problem.

Thanks for your help - I'll keep searching.

--

Dave

| Hi,
| Go to http://www.aumha.org/a/health.htm Focus on "Take out the
trash."

| Then http://www.aumha.org/a/quickfix.htm Go through steps 1-4.
|
| Additional information at:
| Dealing with Unwanted Spyware and Parasites:
| http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm
| More security tips at http://www.aumha.org/a/parasite.htm
| Bugs, Glitches & Stuffups:
|
| Hope this helps,
| Don
| --
| MVP IE/OE
| Please reply to the newsgroup so that others may participate.
|
| "Dave" <dave[at]nospam.otelco.net> wrote in message
| | > For a few months I have had a problem connecting to my home page
and
| > accessing the EMail Server.
| >
| > I can connect to the ISP very easily but it usually takes several
| > tries to connect to any website.
| >
| > When I have called Tech Support about this in the past I have
received
| > the advice to delete my Internet Connection and then create a new
one.
| > I have done this but it doesn't help and makes no sense because I
have
| > no problem connecting to the ISP.
| >
| > I have had this happen at all different times of the day and night
so
| > I don't believe it's a high traffic problem.
| >
| > I am using:
| > Windows ME 4.90.3000
| > Internet Explorer 6.0.2800.1123
| >
| > and have not installed new programs or hardware during the time I
have
| > had this problem.
| >
| > I would like to be able to use my Internet Explorer without taking
six
| > or seven tries before getting to my Home Page.
| >
| > Any help will be appreciated.
| >
| > --
| >
| > Dave

Don Varnau

Dave,
I don't have a lot of faith in this, but it won't hurt...
Go to http://www.cexx.org/lspfix.htm Download lspfix.zip. Read the lsp.txt
file and run lspfix.

Don
--

Dave said:
At least once a week, I go through all of the things listed in the
websites below. I find no evidence of spyware, scumware, virus, or
Trojans.

Someone has suggested I may have a problem with TCP/IP but I don't
know enough about that to fool with it.

I am beginning to believe the problem is with my ISP's server. My wife
uses a totally separate computer with the same ISP and has the same
problem.

Thanks for your help - I'll keep searching.
| Hi,
| Go to http://www.aumha.org/a/health.htm Focus on "Take out the
trash."

| Then http://www.aumha.org/a/quickfix.htm Go through steps 1-4.
|
| Additional information at:
| Dealing with Unwanted Spyware and Parasites:
| http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm
| More security tips at http://www.aumha.org/a/parasite.htm
| Bugs, Glitches & Stuffups:
|
| Hope this helps,
| Don
| "Dave" <dave[at]nospam.otelco.net> wrote in message
| | > For a few months I have had a problem connecting to my home page
and
| > accessing the EMail Server.
| >
| > I can connect to the ISP very easily but it usually takes several
| > tries to connect to any website.
| >
| > When I have called Tech Support about this in the past I have
received
| > the advice to delete my Internet Connection and then create a new
one.
| > I have done this but it doesn't help and makes no sense because I
have
| > no problem connecting to the ISP.
| >
| > I have had this happen at all different times of the day and night
so
| > I don't believe it's a high traffic problem.
| >
| > I am using:
| > Windows ME 4.90.3000
| > Internet Explorer 6.0.2800.1123
| >
| > and have not installed new programs or hardware during the time I
have
| > had this problem.
| >
| > I would like to be able to use my Internet Explorer without taking
six
| > or seven tries before getting to my Home Page.
| >
| > Any help will be appreciated.

Robert W.

Don Varnau said:
Dave,
I don't have a lot of faith in this, but it won't hurt...
Go to http://www.cexx.org/lspfix.htm Download lspfix.zip. Read the lsp.txt
file and run lspfix.

Don,

In case you mean you don't know whether lspfix will work, I used it and it
fixed my Winsock when I got infected with new.dotnet.

In case you meant that the Winsock may not need to be fixed, ignore this
post. <g>