Windows XP Connection problem

Reaction score
Hi all,
Got a right puzzler here,
at home i have a wireless network with a 4mb connection, connected to that are 2 pc's on xp pro using wireless adapters. today when i got home from work i tried to connect to some of my usual sites but nothing connected (heres the wierd bit) i also have a VPN setup to my works network which when i try to connect to that it works and then i have full internet access. i have tried running a few apps dependant on internet connection and they also work whether or not i'm on my network or my works network., and i even tried Call of Duty 2 and i got connected and even ahad a quick play also the other pc has no problems connecting whatsoever. i tried a reboot but no different. Please help.

Reaction score
Hmm that is a bit mad innit. Maybe you should ask the help of your arch rival Mr Holmes ;)

I'm sure someone will give you a helping hand soon enough bear with us mate i'm tired and been drinking vodka all night so i'm neither use nor ornament ;)

Reaction score
Cracked it..... read another thread talking about proxy servers it mentioned to check and see if under LAN settings i had the "use a proxy server for your LAN (these settings will not apply to dial-up or VPN connections). checked, (which i had) so i unchecked it and hey presto it works. the "(these settings will not apply to dial-up or VPN connections)" gave it away a bit.

Ask a Question